January 16, 2016 Flatts Ride

Sorry for the late posting, for all that were unable to make it to the meeting we discussed a day trip to the Flats Offroad park in Marion,NC.

The park is hosting a weekend ride Friday the 15th-Sunday the 17th and then will be closing. Our plan is to head up Saturday for a day of trail riding and then you can choose to stay at one of the many campgrounds/hotels within the Marion area or choose to head home. This is around a 3 hour ride from Columbia for reference.

We will meet at Bill and Frans at 6am on Saturday the 16th and then leave no later then 6:30am (11724 SC Hwy 34 Newberry,SC) we will take back roads including Hwy 221 all the way to the park. This will be the quickest route from Newberry and also scenic :)

Please let me know if you have any questions and please post up if you plan to attend.

Respectfully,

Art Pratt

Last edited:
Already reserved my room at the Hampton, excited about this trip there will be several rigs there over that weekend. Should make for an interesting trip. I have checked on the flats Facebook page regarding a cost per day or even a weekend pass but have not seen a post. I have also called Jason the owner of the park and now just waiting for a return call. Once I receive the phone call I will repay more information.

Update $25 for driver and rig. Passengers are $10ea, camping is $5 a night or you can purchase a weekend pass for $40 driver and rig plus $10 per passenger and this covers camping all weekend. Thanks

Steve and I are coming and plan to stay in Asheville Saturday night after the ride. What about lunch? Are we each bringing our own?
There are several restaurants within a 5 mile radius, I know that we left the last time I was up there and ate BBQ for lunch. Everyone has the option to pack a lunch or leave and eat somewhere then return. I will be one of those that leave and return 😃👍

I am tossing around the idea of coming up for Saturday, and driving back afterwards. Is everyone else staying Saturday night?
I know Taylor is driving home as well but that's the opposite direction. Not sure about Dick and DJ, what there plans are. Jackie/ Bart and Troy and I are staying at the Hampton just next down the road from the park. Would be great if you could make it 😃👍