Anti Kill Battery Device Thing...

I have been thinking about building a device to put in series with my "extra" electronics such as the CB,Streamlight Charger, Sat Radio, etc. This device would NOT monitor battery voltage but would monitor a ignition switched lead. Basically, Turn the ign. on and the output is powered, turn the ign. off and the output is powered for the requested duration. I haven't seen any thing available on the cheap but have some ideas as to how i could build one and make it "user friendly" and rugged..

The real question is for $25-30 would anyone be interested in a device like this?

batterses.jpg

I can build one for myself. But with a little extra i could do a PCB Layout and make a "small" production run of these.

Would it be possible to have it also include the headlights as well as the extra electronics? If yes then I would. I always have a fear of being stranded in the middle of nowhere and I have left the lights or something else on. $30 is cheep insurance .

Should be starting the PCB layout today/tomorrow. I just about have the BOM and Schematic the way i want it. Pretty simple. even added another feature. the ability to add a "restart" button to reset the timer without using the key.

The bigger problem is... What do i call this device?

This is a mock up of what the final device will look like.

mockup.jpg

The tube is 1 inch square by about 2.5 inches long. It will be fully encased in epoxy and will be submersible.

That is great. It would be nice to incorporate a couple of screw mounts to it. I don't like to zip tie things up to mount them.

That is great. It would be nice to incorporate a couple of screw mounts to it. I don't like to zip tie things up to mount them.
Im actually thinking about 2 versions. Sealed and Covered. One version would just be heat shrunk in a tube. Ill put some thought into how to add a mounting point on the enclosed one. Trying to maximize off the shelf components and ease of construction.