SC
    Turned out great man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SUPPORTER
    City
    Greenville
    State
    SC
    Thanks guys. I wish it was finished, but I am going to take a break to focus on life outside of 4 wheeling for a little while.

The trip went as well as can be expected. I had my brake pedal ratio wrong and that took a while and a lot of $$ to sort out. Then my fuel sending unit o-ring took a dump and I had to order one in. Finally I melted my clutch hose and had to order that in. All in all it was successful. I found a few problems and fixed a couple of them. I am having a problem that I can't even get the ax15 into overdrive. I think it is a shifter issue. Then after operating for a little while I don't have enough power to pull third gear in high range. I suspect the transmission is overheating and causing a lot of drag. No real reason other than the first time that it happened I touched the output side of the trans case and it was crazy hot. I guess I will end up either going on to an automatic or rebuilding the ax15. My front driveshaft is spitting grease out of the u-joints, but this could be due to the single joint shaft and drive flanges. The rear appears to have a cap that is moving in the yoke. I need to upgrade that to u-bolt yokes instead of strap yokes and get an SYE. All in all I am going to pull my flanges and enjoy it around town for a little while. I am way beyond burnt out and really looking forward to some time not smelling of grease and burnt steel.

Mosquito Pass

Just wide enough and only 13,183 feet up.

Hangerman Pass

Parked right where my clutch line blew out. At least we got to play in the snow a little bit. Driving without a clutch isn't bad, but starting without one sucks.

HalfMoon Creek at the Champion Mill

This was right around the corner from the campsite. It took about an hour to get to due to trail conditions, but less than a mile on the road.

When I get back to it I plan to install some used Rubicon 4.10 gears, maybe even try to find a set of e-lockers and put those in. I found some this morning for $1100 for both. I can get new for $1400. Then finish installing glass, build a safari top and roof rack. Fix a couple little things and it should be finished.
    Last edited by RClippa; 08-07-2017 at 05:39 PM.

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819