OSCAR 5 Black Mountain Offroad Park April 28-May 1, 2016

There is a huge hill behind the cabins. Could possibly line up on it if it worked out and take the pic form below. Or just make use of Tripp's fancy pants camera and do it right in the lower lot. That way people dont have to chase all over the place for a pic.

George, are you guys registered? We could schedule the pic where it's convenient for those guys if they are interested.
There a few of us registered but most aren't , we do have a big group this year. I know 7 rigs and 4 sxs, may be more.

What's the best route to take towing with a k-1500? The trailer has brakes and weighs 2000 lbs, not sure what the XJ weighs. Google maps shows I-26,US 23, US 421. What are the grades like on this route? The truck does well with the 30' bunkhouse travel trailer from Gwood to the coast, just never took it to the hills. Thanks.

I tow up there with a 1500 suburban. I take it up the route on google maps. There are three grades that suck, but oddly enough as long as you find the happy spot in the rpm range you should head right up them. I think mine does well around 50-55mph but it has been a while since I pulled up there. The first is going up 26 in NC. Right before Saluda. The second is just north of Asheville. And the final one is right after you turn left onto 421. They aren't bad in a gas truck as long as you sit back and relax. Pretty much the same as pulling a diesel really. Just the happy RPM range is a little higher. Don't peak the second two with much speed or you will be on the brakes pretty quick. They are both just up and over so you have a good downhill on the backside.

Who all is planning to leave Wednesday? I'm trying to figure out the logistics of leaving wed vs thursday morning. It sure would be nice to wake up up there and not have to drive up thursday morning.

Jimbo, any chance of getting the cabin for an extra night?

Also, Dealing with those leaving on friday, If possible it would be nice to bring the food up friday to avoid having to keep it cold for 3 extra days. I think Larry was coming up friday.

You all suck. That is all.

Wish I could leave earlier Thursday. Trying now to push my meeting that Thursday to earlier in the week or at least earlier in the day. We will see...

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
Also, Dealing with those leaving on friday, If possible it would be nice to bring the food up friday to avoid having to keep it cold for 3 extra days. I think Larry was coming up friday.
I don't have the coolers, or the space for the coolers, to bring it all. My large cooler didn't fit everything we had for Uwharrie, and it won't fit in the jeep with 2 people's stuff.

Hope everyone has a great time and gets plenty of dirt miles logged in, give the top of your turn a try the log has been removed from the base of the exit now.

I may give it a whirl. Beat the crap outta my rig last go round and still didn't stand a chance. Got the back tires out but couldn't get past the big rock. Think that tree definitely hurt the chances though.

Who all is planning to leave Wednesday? I'm trying to figure out the logistics of leaving wed vs thursday morning. It sure would be nice to wake up up there and not have to drive up thursday morning.

Jimbo, any chance of getting the cabin for an extra night?

Already done. I'm headed up wed evening.