OSCAR 5 Black Mountain Offroad Park April 28-May 1, 2016

We got to watch this Hummer try to hillkill the far right side at Whitetail. He had the rig screaming and bouncing which led to breaking his rear shaft(s) which led to NO rear brakes, which led to him sliding backwards towards us--OUT OF CONTROL. He ended up rolling into the thicket.

They asked me to pull him out which of course called for a photo opportunity. 69b84b0f7a2c78787a9a4a41e74d5471.jpg 68604d460d4b7c31e2ff53d37216f74d.jpg
That's a whole lotta truck to come rolling down a hill, good that nobody was in the way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

739ac2391da394642c25da9841ce65bb.jpg
We had so much fun, it was worth the wait. Thank you to the sponsors and the folks who made it all happen. I know I say it every time but this was muddiest my jeep has ever been. I must have hosed 75lbs of pebbles, coal, iron and dirt off of it.

I agree Nick. Hate we didn't get up with you guys any though.

I needed this trip more than I realized. I had been burnt out on the wheeling and buggy for a while but this trip made me realize how much I love it. Buggy pre-wash is done. Will pressure wash it after I catch up around the house. It appears that Todd needs a new seat to ride in, Shannon said she's taking his. Haha. She was a champ all weekend. Once we went up Jager full throttle I knew she was good so I had to carry her thru Lion's Den.

Had a great time. Thanks everyone for all of the hard work.

We had a blast also, my dad is already asking when can he go again.(so he is going to half to fight Casey for that one)I thank thats the first time i have ever been to harlen that all i had to work on all weekend was tighten a bolt on the track bar.Also would half to be the most i have every seen in one trip at around 70 miles in 3 days.

So whats the dates for next year so i can rent me a cabin first.

Thank you to everyone that makes the event happen every year. I haven't been on the trails in almost 2 years and I'm glad this was the one that ended that streak. I rode 65 miles in 2 days and seen parts of that place I have never seen before. Next year the dates need to be the weekend before because I got the year pass to the park :)

Thank you to everyone that makes the event happen every year. I haven't been on the trails in almost 2 years and I'm glad this was the one that ended that streak. I rode 65 miles in 2 days and seen parts of that place I have never seen before. Next year the dates need to be the weekend before because I got the year pass to the park :)
It technically runs out at the end of March then:flipoff2:

Wish I could have been there to see that one Tucker. That's frame worthy for sure.:cheers:
Man we missed you this weekend! We had some great wheeling up until about 2pm Saturday when the rain started. White tail was much easier at the top compared to last year, Mason Jar was a bit trickier than last year, Your Turn caused 2 of our rigs some parts breakage, and Lower Damnation was a fun run too.

c5dcf8bd947f52deacfd6fbee87a3b98.jpg 7a9cdc3cf1858b973cfedc1dbfee8e4c.jpg

I thought I was gonna walk up the Waterfall like Nick did but the tail was dragging just enough that I needed a little tug from Roger and then it came on up.

Man we missed you this weekend! We had some great wheeling up until about 2pm Saturday when the rain started. White tail was much easier at the top compared to last year, Mason Jar was a bit trickier than last year, Your Turn caused 2 of our rigs some parts breakage, and Lower Damnation was a fun run too.
I missed being up there with all of you guys as well for sure. I think next year I just say bump it and plan to come on anyway whether work is crazy or not. You know it's wild how much those trails can change from week to week and especially in a year's time. Glad everyone had a great time and I'll be talking to you soon.....

Thanks to all who had anything to do with planning and sponsoring this event. Old friends, new friends, trail riding, great food saturday night, and to top it off a raffle where everybody wins something! It doesn't get any better!
We were pleased that the old XJ had no mechanical problems and that the ancient BFG's held up. The lower control arm bushings are toast though. Maybe I'll replace them with rod ends before the next trip.
Lost one trailer tire on the trip up.

Great times!! Thanks again!

Here's a few videos from the weekend.

Lion's Den
[video=youtube_share;GgHcuQPd0lk]https://youtu.be/GgHcuQPd0lk[/video]

Last edited: