What did you do to your rig Today? V2.0

Got the fuel cell all mounted up in my Sami. Got to get the Corbeaus mounted up this week. I don't have any covered area to work on it so kind of got screwed over break with all the rain. Planned on having all this done.

I've got to order lap belts. Will put 4 points in it once I get a spreader bar welded in, just won't happen before the Flats next weekend. Where are you guys buying your harnesses? I was looking at Crow. $47 a piece for 2" lap belts. I read a lot of people like the 2" lap belt with 3" padded shoulder straps. Until I get rid of this carb I don't see myself needing shoulder straps anytime soon.

Last edited:
Go ahead and buy the four points. You just won't use the shoulders until you get the bar. Might as well only buy once. I like the Crow, but also liked my RJS. My current harnesses are pull up to tighten on the lap belts which is great with suspension seats.

Mounted the seats in the juggy.
Nice I mounted mine in the Samurai last night. Freaking Wesco only sent me 1 of my harnesses. Got Crowes and they drop shipped them from the factory. Somewhere one of the companies screwed up. My rider this weekend will have a normal seat belt with a Corbeau looking redneck af.

Nice I mounted mine in the Samurai last night. Freaking Wesco only sent me 1 of my harnesses. Got Crowes and they drop shipped them from the factory. Somewhere one of the companies screwed up. My rider this weekend will have a normal seat belt with a Corbeau looking redneck af.
I ran stock belts in my yj for a while after I first got my corbeaus. Lol.

Ordered a billet battery tie down to replace the ratchet strap in the samurai as well as a GM alternator mount. Alternator went out when we were night wheeling Saturday. Had Scott pull me up a hill and roll started it in reverse to get back to camp. Also got a new glovebox door since the hinge was broken. I am surprised at the amount of interior and exterior body parts readily available for the Samurai.

The other weekend I ran into a tree in the f250 when I was backing up to drop firewood off when we were camping. Had some big headed dude sitting in the back blocking my view. Was planning on ordering a metal aftermarket bumper but those are stupid expensive. Finding 08+ bumpers on ebay for around $200 so think I will go that route and mount the new 08+bumper on my 05.

Probably notice me posting a lot lately. I finished up my bathroom and kitchen renovation (never again). I am about to wrap up a motorcycle project I have been working on. So I have had some time to pay attention to my Scout. I got my cooling issues taken care of with genright louvers and shroud/dual fans. Got some new mirrors and some lights. Still have to finish up my bumper/carrier but so far so good. Just a few things to cross off. About to start front bumper, cage, sliders, etc. 20151231_105713.jpg 20160110_162948.jpg 20160110_163008.jpg tire.jpg

Finally got around to fixing a bent tie rod and shock mount from Uwharrie. I'm thinking about picking up a set of relocation brackets for the rear to help that next time. Also picked up a set of wheels to run the old stock tires on for the honeymoon trip. Rides a lot better than running around on E-rate KO2s.

Probably notice me posting a lot lately. I finished up my bathroom and kitchen renovation (never again). I am about to wrap up a motorcycle project I have been working on. So I have had some time to pay attention to my Scout. I got my cooling issues taken care of with genright louvers and shroud/dual fans. Got some new mirrors and some lights. Still have to finish up my bumper/carrier but so far so good. Just a few things to cross off. About to start front bumper, cage, sliders, etc. View attachment 7463 View attachment 7464 View attachment 7465 View attachment 7466
Sweet looking SCOUT looks like it has a great body on it, hard to find good ones anymore.

Nothing is easy on a Scout, Took 3 Scouts, a lot of parts and fabrication to make one decent one. It was just a hunting/play truck, then one day I started poking for rust, by the end of the day I was pulling the engine. IMG00136-20100331-1603.jpg For some reason I had to pick a tractor with windows to restore.

Nothing too exciting. Changed the rear diff oil, I used Mobil 1.

Scouts are awesome. A farmer near where I grew up had a Scout II for his daily work truck. It was beat to hell and had holes all over it. I think I saw corn growing out of a chunk of mud in the corner of the bumper once.

After our uwharrie trip in December we started tearing our house apart for a slight remodel and my TJ had been parked in the carport. I went to drive it last week and it had no steering? I popped the reservoir lid and it was empty. The slight damp spot i had noticed in the gravel was evidently almost a gallon of amsoil synthetic tractor hydraulic fluid.... This weekend i'm planning to pull the box and send it off to PSC for a rebuild.

Nothing is easy on a Scout, Took 3 Scouts, a lot of parts and fabrication to make one decent one. It was just a hunting/play truck, then one day I started poking for rust, by the end of the day I was pulling the engine. View attachment 7467 For some reason I had to pick a tractor with windows to restore.
Both of these scouts look great I really like the Terra Top one those are cool and very useful