What did you do to your rig Today? V2.0

Its been a long time since I have been on here, but its about time to ditch the dana 30 and 8.8 and go one ton soon.

I just picked up 18" fox airshocks for the back, I am going to run 16" on the front.

My cage just came in, I am about to put it together and paint it soon.
And thats about it for now, going to order seats in the next month or so.
Why the switch to 1 tons?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So... How bad is a heater core replacement in a TJ?
It's one of those projects where you prepare yourself mentally that it's gonna take 5-8 hours...at least the first time. I spent some time on youtube and then started on mine. I worked for a few hours, got frustrated and left it alone for the night, worked some more the next day and then buttoned it up the last afternoon. Maybe you get it done in half the time. Gotta drop the steering column, lay the dash in the seats, etc. I was doing the A/C
core on mine, and did the heater core while I was in there. Better think about doing both at the same time.

The part that sucks is having your roll cage in the way......wait, Brooks, do you have your cage drilled thru the top corners of the dash? facepalm

It's one of those projects where you prepare yourself mentally that it's gonna take 5-8 hours...at least the first time. I spent some time on youtube and then started on mine. I worked for a few hours, got frustrated and left it alone for the night, worked some more the next day and then buttoned it up the last afternoon. Maybe you get it done in half the time. Gotta drop the steering column, lay the dash in the seats, etc. I was doing the A/C
core on mine, and did the heater core while I was in there. Better think about doing both at the same time.

The part that sucks is having your roll cage in the way......wait, Brooks, do you have your cage drilled thru the top corners of the dash? facepalm
Yeah, cage through dash, not excited about it

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I got a 40mm ammo can yesterday to make into a center console for the YJ. Today after work i got some hinges from lowe's and went to town. Real easy to do. Only problem i had was i did not realize the support metal under the lid. I originally was going to weld the hinges underside, but i did not feel like trimming the bracing underneath, so i went with them on the topside. The hinges stop and allow it to sit upright with no problem. Now to mount it in the center. Eventually i will put an eye bolt or another way of locking it securely. Right now i needed something for the camping trip this weekend. I wanted something to mount my old cupholders to. I dont think the wife really wants to hold my drink for the 3 hours to the mountains ;)

IMAG0035_zpsmromdrhq.jpg
IMAG0034_zpsncwfqwk5.jpg
IMAG0033_zpskvdsmaxo.jpg
IMAG0032_zpsvfnxzscx.jpg

painted
IMAG0038_zps9zbnu2oz.jpg
IMAG0037_zpskdzbfbyc.jpg
IMAG0036_zpschjtooja.jpg

Last edited:

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
I got a 40mm ammo can yesterday to make into a center console for the YJ. Today after work i got some hinges from lowe's and went to town. Real easy to do. Only problem i had was i did not realize the support metal under the lid. I originally was going to weld the hinges underside, but i did not feel like trimming the bracing underneath, so i went with them on the topside. The hinges stop and allow it to sit upright with no problem. Now to mount it in the center. Eventually i will put an eye bolt or another way of locking it securely. Right now i needed something for the camping trip this weekend. I wanted something to mount my old cupholders to. I dont think the wife really wants to hold my drink for the 3 hours to the mountains ;)

IMAG0032_zpsvfnxzscx.jpg
IMAG0032_zpsvfnxzscx.jpg
IMAG0032_zpsvfnxzscx.jpg
IMAG0032_zpsvfnxzscx.jpg
IMAG0032_zpsvfnxzscx.jpg
Some paint
IMAG0032_zpsvfnxzscx.jpg
IMAG0032_zpsvfnxzscx.jpg
I see the same picture 7 times...

I've never posted here before, but last night I installed my new UCF Aluminum Oil pan/Transmission skidplate!

Last edited:
12274551_10153872655757369_4462756171529294022_n_zpsfcvtbfdz.jpg

Not fun stuff... changing fuel pump in the truck, Wouldnt be bad if the bolts were not rusted, but i had to cut them all with a cutoff wheel. Oh well it is done and the truck runs again.

Built a simple winch bumper for the xj, not pretty but functional. Installed a new tunable c.b. antenna, so maybe I can actually use the c.b. and everyone can here what I'm saying

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

For giggles I put the JK up on a ramp tonight to see how much clearance I have with the sway bar disconnected. With the 33s on stock 18" wheels it rubs......a lot. With not much in the way of steering lock. I do have a set of 1 1/2" spacers I could use but even then I can see it rubbing more than I'm comfortable with. With Uwharrie coming up I'd like to think pulling the links would make for a better time.