What did you do to your rig Today? V2.0

How much does an 8.8 run at lkq?
When I went a while ago I remember it being around $250 or a little higher. You had to pay for everything on the axle not just the complete axle assembly. I just looked it up to see though and found this:

Axle Assy, Truck D To D $150.25 with a $35 core
Axle Assy, Rear - Straight D To D $100.25 with a $35 core

And here's that tracker for the motor swap I mentioned earlier. Waiting on an email still.

http://charleston.craigslist.org/ptd/5224812184.html

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
How much does an 8.8 run at lkq?
Pull a part, $180. It really depends on who rings it up, but these were priced correctly as rear axle, disk brake type, with the core charge.

They rang up the first one as $140 and I was handing her the money and some other girl walked up and said that was wrong and changed it to $180 because it was disks. So, Tripp's and Richard's were both $180. Dad got the deal of the day because the same smart *** that corrected her on the 8.8s said the HP30 was a drum brake rear, for $105, and I didn't correct her.

Last edited:

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
If it is a good running complete tracker for your motor swap I wouldn't pass it up over $50 bucks. That being said I would think he'd take $500.
Agreed, don't miss out over $50. If it runs well its worth it. If it is a 4 speed auto it should have 5.13 gears. You can sell the complete rear and the front third to someone with sami axles for a few bucks, and scrap the rest for $200-$300.

If it's the 3 speed, gears should be 4.30.

Agreed, don't miss out over $50. If it runs well its worth it. If it is a 4 speed auto it should have 5.13 gears. You can sell the complete rear and the front third to someone with sami axles for a few bucks, and scrap the rest for $200-$300.

If it's the 3 speed, gears should be 4.30.
I feel like I see ppl run the autos a lot behind those motors. Is it a good set up like that?

Probably my favorite samurai built by G-fab. Gotta love the woodgrain creepers.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1442921707.025894.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1442921717.822494.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1442921726.506746.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
I've seen a few but never really paid attention if they were 3 or 4 speeds. Also don't know how well they hold up. It would add some complications to the swap because the tracker/sidekick doesn't use a divorced tcase. Depending on the length you could probably use a 2wd tracker trans into the Sami tcase or you would have to build new mounts, use tracker case, and new driveshafts.

Yeah I am keeping the samurai manual trans. I had fun wheeling the manual last time out and with the low gearing and lack of wheel speed I would like to have that kind of control and I might as well keep the 6.5 t case. The ease of the swap is also part way in that reason. Waiting on an email from this guy, I wish he posted a phone number.

Last edited:
Ol powerstroke kept throwing P0405 code for EGR low circuit voltage. So bought the replacement EGR valve to swap them out. $241.38... dang diesel parts ain't cheap.

I haven't had any problems besides the code except when I towed the trailer to Charleston and back to get the Samurai, the last hour of the trip coming home it went into limp mode limiting the amount of boost the turbo made and the truck was a dog. Never did it again after that, but still is throwing the code.

Last edited:

WolfGT

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
Dropped the TJ off at Clemson 4 Wheel this morning to finally get the rear axle to stop leaking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Been getting the water in fuel message on truck so drained the HFCM and replaced the fuel filters. Its still throwing the code so I guess I need to take it apart and clean the sensor.

Finally had the 33s mounted and balanced. They fill up the wheel wells a little better after the 18/59 spring swap. I've fiddled with the pressures and wound up at 36 all around. It rides like you'd expect an E-load to ride but not as bad as I'd imagined.