What did you do to your rig Today? V2.0

Been sick all week and getting antsy in the house. There was an ad for an 8274 a few weeks ago that was a little high, they dropped the price today and i haggled a little more and ended up getting it.

I got it into the garage and started tearing into it and cleaning it a bit. Everything is there, i have the hand controller, nothing in the solinoid pack is burned. The motor had some serious goop covering the terminals and once removed the terminals looked brand new. Only slight issue i found is a aluminum tab for the top cover was cracked, but i am not so worried about it. The clutch lever is stuck. Here are pics, i will probably pull it apart more this week, or tonight. i am getting antsy sitting on the couch being sick.

IMAG0573_zpsx6bba43d.jpg
IMAG0576_zpsgej77v2o.jpg
IMAG0574_zps3dw00854.jpg
IMAG0577_zpsn0xxb3so.jpg
IMAG0580_zpstrlzr1rn.jpg
IMAG0578_zpsebrsfef6.jpg
IMAG0575_zpsco6ohiia.jpg

Got the winch put on. I am glad it is on, i am tired of picking the thing up, it gets a tad heavy. I still need to wire it to the battery and run out the cable and respool it. And get two more bolts for the mount, the bolts i have are too long.

IMAG0619_zpsyy8bygi7.jpg
IMAG0621_zpsu98j48zd.jpg
IMAG0620_zpsajmopqlu.jpg

yeah it is a big boy. i wanted to sink it into the bumper, but just got a bit lazy and did not feel like cutting into the front crossmember, it gets tight real quick there.

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
Those of you that actually wash/wax/polish your rigs, why?:shaking:

I started out today with the goal of bringing some life back to the paint on the half doors I just got. I wasn't looking for perfection, but hoping to make them look more like my 12 year old decent paint than the 15- 20 year old crappy paint that they are. I made my first trip to autozone for polishing compound and wax. Quickly realized the polishing compound wasn't abrasive enough so went back for running compound. I did rubbing, then polishing, then hard shell wax. Now they look like slightly Shiney 20 year old paint...

Then I decided to work on the sticker residue you can still see on the hood. Rubbing compound did nothing. I ended up using a mother's power ball with rubbing compound and it helped a little, but they're still visible. Then of course I had to do polishing compound and wax the rest of the hood...

Trimming right now. The rear is sagging a touch and i may throw on a set of rear shackles to boost a bit. I am not going to really do anything with springs, i will trim metal if i have to :)

I see the MOLLE setup that you can purchase for big $$$ at Quadratec.

Go to the local Surplus storm and you can purchase a flat MOLLE panel that is used in the Bradly Fighting Vehicle.
My local surplus store has cheap deals on the pouches so i decided it may help organize some stuff in the jeep.
I had to cut off about 6 inches off the top to fit on the tailgate of my Wrangler but there are so many other uses

IMAG0663_zpszut9yxnq.jpg

IMAG0662_zpsyesg7o0v.jpg

The large pouch already on it is permanent and behind the webbing there is a large map pocket. If you did not cut the panel you can mount it sideways and it will fit perfectly.

Here is a link to what it is
http://www.stormseekermilitarysurplus.com/apps/webstore/products/show/6013662

I installed mine on the back of the drivers seat. It was nice to get a bunch of stuff off the floor from under the seat. Much easier to get to.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk