Page 55 of 55 FirstFirst ... 545535455

Thread: What did you do to your rig Today? V2.0

City
    Cayce
    State
    SC
    I'mma lose my mind!
    2mo ago I noticed a noise while idle. Replaced the OE water pump. 5 miles later it sounds the belt, so it got a new harmonic balancer. It quickly developed a squeal. I found bad tensioner & idler pulleys, and replaced. New water pump failed, and I replaced it. Power steering pump failed while I was warming up the engine. Rebuilt the PS Pump, and removed the performance pulley to verify it was not the issue. The belt squeal returned. I had a kit in my tool box so I rebuilt my OE alternator. Bearings were bad, but not the source of my squeal. I've replaced the belt 3 times in the past few months, and that will get rid of my squeal for a few miles, but it always returns. It is a verified belt squeal, as it is sites when running with no belt!

I'mma go crazy!
    Po Pimpin in my beat up Jeep, ridin round on $2 of gas like I'm da President.

City
    Greenville
    State
    SC
    This is what you do when your Jeep is too tall to jack up in your shop.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    This hobby begins as a search for the perfect setup, then gradually becomes the never ending discovery of the weakest link.
    Greg

City
    Cayce
    State
    SC
    Saturday we removed the hard top, installed the spiderweb shade, installed the front seat covers I had made, and took the doors off Candy's JKU.
    Can you tell she likes purple?

City
    Lexington
    State
    SC
    It is real purple :) It was lookin SHARP!!!!

City
    Greenville
    State
    SC
    Got the axle shafts and u-joints for the front replaced/upgraded. Then replaced the pinion seal on the rear (stupid leak).

Then spent some shop time getting my "new" saw up and running.

This hobby begins as a search for the perfect setup, then gradually becomes the never ending discovery of the weakest link.
    Greg

City
    Cayce
    State
    SC
    Quote Originally Posted by WolfGT View Post
    Got the axle shafts and u-joints for the front replaced/upgraded. Then replaced the pinion seal on the rear (stupid leak).

Then spent some shop time getting my "new" saw up and running.

I've seen one of those before. Probably been 30yrs ago in an old furniture shop.
    What a cool machine!

SUPPORTER
    City
    Greenville
    State
    SC
    Quote Originally Posted by GREASEMONKEY View Post
    I've seen one of those before. Probably been 30yrs ago in an old furniture shop.
    What a cool machine!
    A buddy of mine just got a big floor model one. I will have to get some pics next time I am at his shop. It uses a 1" tall blade.

City
    Greenville
    State
    SC
    Quote Originally Posted by RClippa View Post
    A buddy of mine just got a big floor model one. I will have to get some pics next time I am at his shop. It uses a 1" tall blade.
    The blade that is on this one is the one that was on it when I bought it. Still cuts good. But I'm going to get a new high quality one. I do believe the blades for these are much taller. Around an inch. Not sure, I'll have to find out. They are much taller to put up with the force. The weight of that sliding part that holds the blade is really heavy. Would love to see pics of a larger machine.
    Greg

Page 55 of 55 FirstFirst ... 545535455