Thread: What did you do to your rig Today? V2.0

SUPPORTER
    City
    Greenville
    State
    SC
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo92 View Post
    what gears you got now?
    2.73s Nothing like 3rd gear on the highway. I have a set of 4.1 thick gears to go in. I just need to order install kits and get them in. Put over 100 miles on it this weekend heading to Quarry Town and back. Fun ride.

City
    Greenwood
    State
    sc
    Drove it to the gym...at 60mph....with the cruise control....happy as hell.
    1992 Explorer Build with axles, tires, and bolts
    2007 Lexus GX470 with sliders, roof racks, and tires
    2005 LJ with low gears and poor fuel mileage

City
    Greenwood
    State
    SC
    Drove it to the gym...at 60mph....with the cruise control....happy as hell.
    It looks great jimbo!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

City
    Greenwood
    State
    sc
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew01taco View Post
    It looks great jimbo!

Thanks drew! Once my wedding stuff is over and I get some time to mount my arb compressor we gotta go wheeling
    1992 Explorer Build with axles, tires, and bolts
    2007 Lexus GX470 with sliders, roof racks, and tires
    2005 LJ with low gears and poor fuel mileage

City
    Greenwood
    State
    SC
    Thanks drew! Once my wedding stuff is over and I get some time to mount my arb compressor we gotta go wheeling
    Hell yeah!

City
    Cayce
    State
    SC
    Driver's seat installed, passenger seat, and Tuffy console are next.

City
    Florence
    State
    SC
    Found out the pops I've been hearing were in fact not an exhaust leak, but a burned spark plug wire arcing into my header. Well at least I got to cross something off of my list of things wrong with my Blazer.

SUPPORTER
    City
    Greenville
    State
    SC
    Broke out the blower and a shovel to try to remove the pine needles. I was worried about a snake being buried in there so I didn't want to use my hands. I wasn't 100% justified as of yet, but I found a nice snakeskin in there. I haven't been crazy enough to check under the seats yet.

Sammy.jpg

Now I am trying to figure out what I keep and what I don't. So far it looks like the axles, tcase, heater, steering, fuse box, gauges, and pedal box are staying with me. The rest will briefly be up for grabs until the trailer gets to the scrap yard. I have doors, but I haven't picked them up yet so I don't know if there is any rot.

City
    Chapin
    State
    SC
    Quote Originally Posted by RClippa View Post
    Broke out the blower and a shovel to try to remove the pine needles. I was worried about a snake being buried in there so I didn't want to use my hands. I wasn't 100% justified as of yet, but I found a nice snakeskin in there. I haven't been crazy enough to check under the seats yet.

Sammy.jpg

Now I am trying to figure out what I keep and what I don't. So far it looks like the axles, tcase, heater, steering, fuse box, gauges, and pedal box are staying with me. The rest will briefly be up for grabs until the trailer gets to the scrap yard. I have doors, but I haven't picked them up yet so I don't know if there is any rot.

Is this donor parts for the single seat buggy?
    --Brooks

SUPPORTER
    City
    Greenville
    State
    SC
    Quote Originally Posted by 97TJGUZZY View Post
    Is this donor parts for the single seat buggy?
    Sort of. One of two. The fireant will be the other donor. The parts will most likely go into my single seater and then into a kids buggy in a year or two. The engine in this one is toast. At least I think it is judging by the quarter sized rust hole in the valve cover. I should go pick up the rest of the pieces for it Saturday. Then I will start blowing it apart to free up space at the shop. I am slowly finding more and more pieces that I can use for the buggy and Jeepster on this thing though.

Everyone at OSCAR recommended that I go straight to my yota parts for my buggy, but I don't have the motor/trans to support that yet. My gear ratio with 36's would be completely off. I would be at a 51:1 with 36's. Without regearing the sammy parts I would be at a 47:1 with 33's. They are pretty close but I am worried the torque won't be there for the added diameter and mass of the 36's.

Page 54 of 60 FirstFirst ... 4445253545556 ... LastLast