Page 46 of 47 FirstFirst ... 3644454647 LastLast
Results 451 to 460 of 467

Thread: What did you do to your rig Today? V2.0

  1. #451
    SUPPORTER jimbo92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    City
    Greenwood
    State
    sc
    Posts
    2,916
    Quote Originally Posted by GREASEMONKEY View Post
    I Amazon'd for my Jeep again.
    I kept thinking about the last time I was out with the family on a hot day we were cooking in the sun.
    I got an 8x12 shade tarp for $30. It's from a seller called Shade Depot, and it's HD. Comes in a mesh draw string bag, so fold it\roll it\stow it. Can't beat the price, and they got lots of sizes & colors. I grabbed up some tent poles, bungees, and paracord so I can attach it to my roll bars for a shot to chill, tire off between trees over a camp site, or from my rail to my Bimini on the pontoon to add more Shade.
    I put one of those on the back of my house in 12x12 flavor
    1992 Explorer Build with axles, tires, and bolts
    2007 Lexus GX470 with sliders, roof racks, and tires
    2005 LJ with low gears and poor fuel mileage

  2. #452
    SUPPORTER GREASEMONKEY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    City
    Cayce
    State
    SC
    Posts
    1,006
    Got a new set of LED headlights on the way. Warrantied after one of mine changed colors. Went from pure white to a yellowish incandescent color. Still stupid bright, but a notably different color from one side to the other.

    Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
    Po Pimpin in my beat up Jeep, ridin round on $2 of gas like I'm da President.

  3. #453
    SUPPORTER
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    City
    Greenville
    State
    SC
    Posts
    43
    I wound up buying a replacement Jeep over the weekend. I had been budgeting a new tub, fuel injection, cage tires when I was lucky enough to find a cheaper solution to all of those issues in one shot. I snagged up a 2010 JKU for $3,900! Its a RHD model with a bad rear diff. Other than being filthy, it runs and drives quite nice (in 4x4) got me fuel injection, a top, heat, AC back seat, cruise, radio, cage all in one shebang. Pretty excited about it. It needs a new rear axle I guess, I have a set of tons around but not sure its worth going down that road yet. Probably just grab a JY axle for now.

  4. #454

    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    City
    Beech Island
    State
    SC
    Posts
    286
    Quote Originally Posted by bacho View Post
    I wound up buying a replacement Jeep over the weekend. I had been budgeting a new tub, fuel injection, cage tires when I was lucky enough to find a cheaper solution to all of those issues in one shot. I snagged up a 2010 JKU for $3,900! Its a RHD model with a bad rear diff. Other than being filthy, it runs and drives quite nice (in 4x4) got me fuel injection, a top, heat, AC back seat, cruise, radio, cage all in one shebang. Pretty excited about it. It needs a new rear axle I guess, I have a set of tons around but not sure its worth going down that road yet. Probably just grab a JY axle for now.
    Well, that escalated quickly. If I recall, the RHD models had a D44 back there. The RHD models were made for rural Postal carriers, they tried to make them durable...

    Sent from my SM-J320P using Tapatalk

  5. #455

    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    City
    Beech Island
    State
    SC
    Posts
    286
    Not only was this rediculously useful, it was stupid cheap and even stupider easy. I bought one of these from Amazon for 13 bucks. It has 2 2.1 amp USB plugs. It can charge 2 iPads.

    https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01HP...6PL&ref=plSrch

    I just pulled out the factory cig-plug, wired this up and put it in the cig-plug's hole. Took me 5 minutes.


    Sent from my SM-J320P using Tapatalk

  6. #456

    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    City
    Beech Island
    State
    SC
    Posts
    286
    Worthless without pics...

    Sent from my SM-J320P using Tapatalk

  7. #457
    SUPPORTER LBarr2002's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    City
    Leesville
    State
    SC
    Posts
    3,515
    Quote Originally Posted by bacho View Post
    I wound up buying a replacement Jeep over the weekend. I had been budgeting a new tub, fuel injection, cage tires when I was lucky enough to find a cheaper solution to all of those issues in one shot. I snagged up a 2010 JKU for $3,900! Its a RHD model with a bad rear diff. Other than being filthy, it runs and drives quite nice (in 4x4) got me fuel injection, a top, heat, AC back seat, cruise, radio, cage all in one shebang. Pretty excited about it. It needs a new rear axle I guess, I have a set of tons around but not sure its worth going down that road yet. Probably just grab a JY axle for now.
    Nice score!
    '04 LJ Sleeper

  8. #458

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    City
    Greenwood
    State
    SC
    Posts
    109
    Dropped the fuel tank and started getting ready to plumb my fuel cell



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  9. #459
    SUPPORTER
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    City
    Greenville
    State
    SC
    Posts
    43
    Quote Originally Posted by billoftt View Post
    Not only was this rediculously useful, it was stupid cheap and even stupider easy. I bought one of these from Amazon for 13 bucks. It has 2 2.1 amp USB plugs. It can charge 2 iPads.

    https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01HP...6PL&ref=plSrch

    I just pulled out the factory cig-plug, wired this up and put it in the cig-plug's hole. Took me 5 minutes.


    Sent from my SM-J320P using Tapatalk
    I might have to copy that, mine are always falling out.

  10. #460

    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    City
    Beech Island
    State
    SC
    Posts
    286
    Quote Originally Posted by bacho View Post
    I might have to copy that, mine are always falling out.
    Me too. The cig-plug USB adapters always wiggle out due to vibration on me alk the time. Never enough to fall completely out and let me know. No, they wiggle out juuuust enough to open the circuit and quit charging.

    Sent from my SM-J320P using Tapatalk

Page 46 of 47 FirstFirst ... 3644454647 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Clubs, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.