What did you do to your rig Today? V2.0

I'mma lose my mind!
2mo ago I noticed a noise while idle. Replaced the OE water pump. 5 miles later it sounds the belt, so it got a new harmonic balancer. It quickly developed a squeal. I found bad tensioner & idler pulleys, and replaced. New water pump failed, and I replaced it. Power steering pump failed while I was warming up the engine. Rebuilt the PS Pump, and removed the performance pulley to verify it was not the issue. The belt squeal returned. I had a kit in my tool box so I rebuilt my OE alternator. Bearings were bad, but not the source of my squeal. I've replaced the belt 3 times in the past few months, and that will get rid of my squeal for a few miles, but it always returns. It is a verified belt squeal, as it is sites when running with no belt!

I'mma go crazy!
[emoji12][emoji12][emoji12][emoji12][emoji12][emoji12][emoji12][emoji12]

Saturday we removed the hard top, installed the spiderweb shade, installed the front seat covers I had made, and took the doors off Candy's JKU.
Can you tell she likes purple? 6c6a7ef44756804139e599ed78992718.jpg

WolfGT

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
Got the axle shafts and u-joints for the front replaced/upgraded. Then replaced the pinion seal on the rear (stupid leak).

Then spent some shop time getting my "new" saw up and running.

[video=youtube_share;uHAGzeKq_7s]https://youtu.be/uHAGzeKq_7s[/video]

Got the axle shafts and u-joints for the front replaced/upgraded. Then replaced the pinion seal on the rear (stupid leak).

Then spent some shop time getting my "new" saw up and running.

[video=youtube_share;uHAGzeKq_7s]https://youtu.be/uHAGzeKq_7s[/video]
I've seen one of those before. Probably been 30yrs ago in an old furniture shop.
What a cool machine!

WolfGT

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
A buddy of mine just got a big floor model one. I will have to get some pics next time I am at his shop. It uses a 1" tall blade.
The blade that is on this one is the one that was on it when I bought it. Still cuts good. But I'm going to get a new high quality one. I do believe the blades for these are much taller. Around an inch. Not sure, I'll have to find out. They are much taller to put up with the force. The weight of that sliding part that holds the blade is really heavy. Would love to see pics of a larger machine.

Was driving the wife’s Tahoe Monday on a very rainy Memorial Day. Picked up some very large spike or something in the road. Was able to get it back home before it lost to much air and throw the spare on in the comfort of a covered garage instead of the mall parking lot. Bought the tires from discount tire and bought the hazard warranty when I purchased them. Dropped it off yesterday to be repaired and they ended up giving me a brand new tire. Cost $40 to transfer the warranty or something like that but was happy to pay that for a brand new tire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Put two new KM2's on the TJ and cruised to Asheville this weekend. Last year I don't think I hardly took the top off. We have been enjoying it a lot more this year for sure.

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
Had to put a battery in Burgundy's yukon xl yesterday. Bought it in 2014 with 126,000 miles on it. 168,000 now and all I've had to do is a fuel pump (leaking check valve, pump didn't fail just would take several attempts to start), steering box (shaft seal leak), and now a battery. Please keep on trucking for another few years! :mech:

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
Changed the oil and rotated the tires on the family truckster.

This morning we went to harbor freight and picked up one of the 30" service carts. With our garage and basement room reorg, I had some empty space that needed some tool storage. Usual price is $200, had a coupon for $170, so gave it a shot. I watched a couple of the reviews and it certainly isn't an $800 snap on box, but it certainly isn't a quarter the quality either. Its sturdy, heavy, drawers function nice. Few imperfections in the powder coat, struts for the top are pretty cheap, but I'd say it's a good value.

Anyway, all of my battery and air tools will be in this, along with drill bits, taps, impact sockets, and whatever else I can fit.
20180714_162928.jpg

20180714_162935.jpg

Changed the oil and rotated the tires on the family truckster.

This morning we went to harbor freight and picked up one of the 30" service carts. With our garage and basement room reorg, I had some empty space that needed some tool storage. Usual price is $200, had a coupon for $170, so gave it a shot. I watched a couple of the reviews and it certainly isn't an $800 snap on box, but it certainly isn't a quarter the quality either. Its sturdy, heavy, drawers function nice. Few imperfections in the powder coat, struts for the top are pretty cheap, but I'd say it's a good value.

Anyway, all of my battery and air tools will be in this, along with drill bits, taps, impact sockets, and whatever else I can fit.
View attachment 7947

View attachment 7948
You'll love it.
I sold an $800 Matco cart years ago, and replaced it with that one.
I spent $9 on a can of dupicolor bed protector, and painted the top. I have had mine for 6yrs+ and I use it as a work surface, and tool cart. Probably the best $150 I've spent in tools yet!

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
You'll love it.
I sold an $800 Matco cart years ago, and replaced it with that one.
I spent $9 on a can of dupicolor bed protector, and painted the top. I have had mine for 6yrs+ and I use it as a work surface, and tool cart. Probably the best $150 I've spent in tools yet!
I just wish they had the side table in other colors. Box in red, blue, or black but folding side in red only...

Grabbed a $40 camper shell for my Comanche. [emoji857][emoji857][emoji857]
$5 bottle of cleaner, $5 at the spray wash was like magic!
It's getting a rack for the kayak, and will end up as a mini sleeper during hunting season.
e2b2f3a28a0edb0f501b2ab7577b6949.jpg