Page 60 of 61 FirstFirst ... 105058596061 LastLast

Thread: What did you do to your rig Today? V2.0

City
    Cayce
    State
    SC
    I had a CARR light bar years ago but removed it, and ended up selling it. CARR made these to bolt directly into the windshield frame, so for years I've had plugs in 3 holes on each side of my windshield. I started looking at getting a replacement a few years ago, but CARR had long since stopped production of that design.
    A few weeks ago I found someone on Facebook marketplace selling one a few weeks ago. Worked out payment & shipping, and finally got a light bar again
    Now to pull it back off, put some fresh paint on, and mount my LED bar!

City
    Lexington
    State
    SC
    Got the Engine and gear boxes put back on the Rover chassis. Reinstalled the radiator and put its pretty face back on.
    Getting real excited now to start putting it back together.

City
    Chapin
    State
    SC
    Quote Originally Posted by DanStew View Post
    Got the Engine and gear boxes put back on the Rover chassis. Reinstalled the radiator and put its pretty face back on.
    Getting real excited now to start putting it back together.

whats the ETA for completion?
    --Brooks

City
    Lexington
    State
    SC
    I am not sure. I am hoping by January. It is busy time for me because football season started and now i work 6 days a week. But I have most everything to complete it except for driveshafts.

City
    lexington
    State
    SC
    Iím not a big fan of mounting a hi lift jack on the hood, but Iím running out of real estate in the back of the cj, still need to decide where to put the spare tire

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

City
    Cayce
    State
    SC
    Quote Originally Posted by jeepman1979 View Post
    Iím not a big fan of mounting a hi lift jack on the hood, but Iím running out of real estate in the back of the cj, still need to decide where to put the spare tire

Ditch the tailgate, build a rear tire swing that puts the tire right over the rear sill into the cargo area. You don't run a full top on that CJ anyways, so it's not interfering with that, and it's using several inches of what is normally wasted real estate.

Just a thought!

City
    lexington
    State
    SC
    Quote Originally Posted by GREASEMONKEY View Post
    Ditch the tailgate, build a rear tire swing that puts the tire right over the rear sill into the cargo area. You don't run a full top on that CJ anyways, so it's not interfering with that, and it's using several inches of what is normally wasted real estate.

Just a thought!
    Im thinking about building a swinging tire carrier, my tool box, strap box, and my fridge cooler sit in the rear cargo area

City
    lexington
    State
    SC
    Got rid of the old rear u-bolt plates and installed some new skid plates, the shocks are in a much better location now

City
    Beech Island
    State
    SC
    That's pretty neat.

Sent from my SM-J320P using Tapatalk

City
    Beech Island
    State
    SC
    I changed the spark plugs today. One of the quirks of Xterrs is that one needs to remove the intake plenum to get the passenger side bank of plugs. So, since I alreeady had that labor done, I installed an intake manifold spacer.

Really good torque increase down low and in the middle.

Sent from my SM-J320P using Tapatalk

Page 60 of 61 FirstFirst ... 105058596061 LastLast