Page 53 of 57 FirstFirst ... 3435152535455 ... LastLast

Thread: What did you do to your rig Today? V2.0

City
    Cayce
    State
    SC
    Thanks to the Men@Work crew, I got some new hiking boots. I also finished my cargo trailer, and loaded it to check for space.
    2 steps closer to OSCAR 7.........
    Po Pimpin in my beat up Jeep, ridin round on $2 of gas like I'm da President.

City
    Cayce
    State
    SC
    New 3\8 winch rope got the hook removed, and installed my Safety Thimble. Just gotta finish writing the controls so I can spool it up.
    Rear bumper & tire swing removed, and letting the first coat of bed protector cure. 2nd coat in 4 hrs, them I can start on the tire swing.

City
    Greenwood
    State
    sc
    Itís blue again
    1992 Explorer Build with axles, tires, and bolts
    2007 Lexus GX470 with sliders, roof racks, and tires
    2005 LJ with low gears and poor fuel mileage

City
    Cayce
    State
    SC
    Rear bumper had the high lift mount turned upright, a new brace to study up the tire mount, and a fresh coat of bed protector.

City
    Greenwood
    State
    sc
    Love the color of that tj

City
    Cayce
    State
    SC
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo92 View Post
    Love the color of that tj
    Thanks,
    Inca Gold only produced in 2003. Total production is 80,000 TJ's in 2003, about 1000 Inca Gold, and only 212 of those are Rubicons.
    It's like hitting the lottery. Crazy part is that there are 4 in the Columbia\Lexington area. The probability of that is astronomical!

City
    Greenville
    State
    SC
    I've been slowly but consistently working towards getting the Commando back on the road and then on the trail. It's very close. Over the past few weeks I've been able to finish changing the front leafs over from the narrow stock springs to custom spring packs using Toyota mini truck mains and CJ leafs to end up with the strength of 2.5" wide leafs with better flexibility. I had help with this step from my kids and from a good neighbor.

Then the same good neighbor sent my old cheap steel wheels down the powder coating line at his work to yield a great result, especially considering the substrate.

I had told myself for a long time that I couldn't spend money on tires for the Commando until I had all the other major items checked off the list and tires were the last thing that was keeping it off the road. Well, that's almost true now. And between a killer deal on BFGs at 4wheel Parts and my birthday a couple weeks ago - I finally bought tires: 35x12.50r15 KM2s. One of my good friends was in town this weekend from California, and we spent some time getting some nuts tightened up on the suspension and putting the tires on. Again, with help from the kids.

As she currently sits:

This weekend will hopefully involve changing out the clutch friction disc and flywheel, installing new front dampers, ... and a test drive.

City
    Hodges
    State
    SC
    That thing looks great.
    Harvard

SUPPORTER
    City
    Greenville
    State
    SC
    Drove it! Feels good to get it out and around town. I still have a lot to do, but so far it is going around town pretty well. I need to find someone to stuff a set of 4.10 gears into the axles for me.

City
    Greenwood
    State
    sc
    Quote Originally Posted by RClippa View Post
    Drove it! Feels good to get it out and around town. I still have a lot to do, but so far it is going around town pretty well. I need to find someone to stuff a set of 4.10 gears into the axles for me.
    what gears you got now?

Page 53 of 57 FirstFirst ... 3435152535455 ... LastLast