What did you do to your rig Today? V2.0

It is nice!!!! I have to relearn how to shift with it. I was so accustomed to having to force it in gear and now it just moves so easy. And before I could not get it in 4hi without it popping out. Now all that is taken care of.

I just installed a set of Metalcloak Duroflex aluminum control arms on the tj. WOW! It is unbelievable how smooth and quiet the Jeep is now. It was obvious just pulling it out of the shop on the gravel, and on the road it is a whole different animal! The adjustability will make setting caster and pinion angle a snap. Wish I had done this sooner!

I just installed a set of Metalcloak Duroflex aluminum control arms on the tj. WOW! It is unbelievable how smooth and quiet the Jeep is now. It was obvious just pulling it out of the shop on the gravel, and on the road it is a whole different animal! The adjustability will make setting caster and pinion angle a snap. Wish I had done this sooner!
I have heard a lot of great things about those joints. If we do any control arms on the JK, I think thats what I will go with.

Installed my CB. While I had the dash open I completed the Rubicon locker bypass.

In progress

2016-07-13_20.36.01.jpg

Finished

20160712_213111.jpeg

Success

20160712_211159.jpeg

Now the lockers operate independently without restrictions. And the CB works, too. :smile:

Replaced my dented up bumper on my 05 with a 2008-2012 bumper. Turned out pretty good, sticks out just a tad far though. One day Ill drop the mounts and drill new holes. Other than that it lined up just fine.

I need to do body mounts BAD. I am thinking about going with poly, I can't swing the $400+ OEM rubber mounts right now. I just hate that I have heard about fitment issues and squeaks. The stiff ride from poly mounts doesn't bother me... its a driving brick, not a Cadillac. Anyone put poly mounts in their trucks?

Last edited:
Are the body mounts that bad after only 10 years?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Yeah they are trashed. Tried to get a picture but by the time I get to my truck every day its dark.

Its two rubber mounts that sandwich the metal mount on the frame. The lower rubber mount has completely disintegrated and fell off 3 of the 6 cab mounts. (I haven't even looked at the radiator support mounts so not sure if they are shot). Its about to fall of of 2 others. The big rubber puck above the body mount is crumbling away on almost every one. Its like something started eating away at the rubber. I have awful squeeks and the cab moves around way too much. Going over bumps its like the truck is bottoming out every time.

Joe (or anyone else) have you guys heard what the differences are between the kevlar and regular poly mounts from energy suspension? If the kevlar gets rid of that poly squeek I'll jump all over those. The stiffness doesn't bother me, it rides like a brick anyway.

Pulled the dodge 318 out of the m37, maybe someone can use it for a boat anchor. Now I got a lot of cleaning and mounts to build for the sbc 9ef6721f83ba2179763986e834e23079.jpg 2a848f9ad55b1e71cab1097fe3be51c0.jpg 8873f4b621266fd5431f80cd026034b1.jpg

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

I replaced the brakes. In the process I found some of that Uwharrie mud Dick warned me about several posts ago in this thread. ef3ef79a8d642d88c2b5fe2a9cc72523.jpg

Typed on a phone where my fingertip spans across three or four keys creating lots of spelling mistakes and grammatical errors.