What did you do to your rig Today? V2.0

So it seems like the list of needed repairs goes up every time I look at it.
Need 4 tires
Steering lower shaft
Steering shaft support bearing
Support bearing bracket relocation
Tie rod end
Steering dampener
Alignment
Front & Rear brakes w\rotors, and E-brake
PSC power steering pump rebuild
Intake filter box relocated
Driver's seat cushion upholstery work
Valves adjusted
Spark plugs oil change

This is after I just had the tensioner, idler, water pump, and belt replaced.
New water pump bearing went bad in a day, and while the engine was warming up from water pump #2, the power steering pump started making noise!

So, what did I do to my Jeep today?
Looked at it with distain!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Now the AC compressor is screaming!
I'm so disgusted......

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

WolfGT

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
The jeep is now back in Greenville. Unpacked it today and figured I would start to paint the new tire carrier. But, it's cold outside. So I shut the door on the garage and started the heater. Got it warm and then began to paint. I think I killed a few million brain cells. I probably should have opened the door. But my boogers were red. That was neat.

Oh well, one step closer to finally having a tire carrier. A couple more coats and then some clear.

The jeep is now back in Greenville. Unpacked it today and figured I would start to paint the new tire carrier. But, it's cold outside. So I shut the door on the garage and started the heater. Got it warm and then began to paint. I think I killed a few million brain cells. I probably should have opened the door. But my boogers were red. That was neat.

Oh well, one step closer to finally having a tire carrier. A couple more coats and then some clear.
is there a pic there and I just can't see it?

WolfGT

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
Did the second and third coat last night. Red boogers again. Guess I didn’t learn. Looking good. I’m going to inspect and then I need to do the clear coat. I’ll probably do that on Sunday. Should be ready to mount next week.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

WolfGT

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
Since I was unable to open my hardtop window because of the antenna, picked up this fold down bracket. Picked it up from Breedlovemounts.com. A recommendation from Tripp. It’s pretty nice.

fdb4b9bc18694e23ab8846746ca65742.jpg

7d57ad8c5dcc962252ea112ebed47888.jpg

9b4bdda3e4b79da65a6f614b95b633a0.jpg

f23d2ca16fcdc0c24f2f5883f55e2cd9.jpg

Okay, now I know what you are talking about. I was really thinking about doing it with the 100/80 watt bulbs and heavier gauge harness for my truck with 9007 bulbs, but I was concerned with blinding people and bulb life.

Any feedback regarding those concerns from you or Tripp will be welcomed and appreciated.

Sent from my SM-J320P using Tapatalk

Okay, now I know what you are talking about. I was really thinking about doing it with the 100/80 watt bulbs and heavier gauge harness for my truck with 9007 bulbs, but I was concerned with blinding people and bulb life.

Any feedback regarding those concerns from you or Tripp will be welcomed and appreciated.

Sent from my SM-J320P using Tapatalk
Biggest concern now days is DOT approved lighting. Police are pulling people they think have brighter than legal lights and inspecting for DOT stamp on housings, or asking for DOT papers on HID, or composite kits.
I've been harassed about my legal TruckLite LED lights, and they have the DOT stamp.

The ticket can vary by the way it's written.
Improper or modified equipment is a much bigger ticket than one for bright lighting someone.
Careful what your doing with lighting, as the police are getting picky about what they will accept. I've even seen some new Chevrolet trucks getting tickets for headlights, and the owner having to go to court over the OE headlights! Dropped of course, but it's time, and aggravation you have to deal with.

New cross drilled & slotted cryo. dipped rotors, front and rear. SUV carbon racing pads, new E-brake shoes. Replaced damaged rear locker indicator switch. Flushed brake system, and replaced front lines.

WolfGT

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
Spent the afternoon tearing down and pulling the engine from a Subaru. My neighbor.

b76b1f0df7e90788ac066e07640b37b9.jpg

Then got my tire carrier mounted for good. Too dark to take pictures. I still need to put the tire on it. When I do that tomorrow I’ll get pics.

Added a Sirius radio to the Jeep. It is a portable that I have docks for the Jeep and shop. So I just move it back and forth.

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
My jeep prep for DBBB has consisted of charging the battery and packing my recovery gear back up since it was still scattered from Uwharrie.

The important task was fixing the brakes on Dj's trailer. When we came back in from Windrock they were acting up. Turns out one of the connections were finger twisted and duct taped. This was the 2nd worst connection.
20180218_111224.jpg

Apparently whoever wired this trailer didn't have butt connectors, so used scotchloks everywhere. Brakes all cleaned up. I didn't mess with the lights because they still work.
20180218_121057.jpg

Also redid the grounds and tightened ubolts that were really loose.

My jeep prep for DBBB has consisted of charging the battery and packing my recovery gear back up since it was still scattered from Uwharrie.

The important task was fixing the brakes on Dj's trailer. When we came back in from Windrock they were acting up. Turns out one of the connections were finger twisted and duct taped. This was the 2nd worst connection.
View attachment 7897

Apparently whoever wired this trailer didn't have butt connectors, so used scotchloks everywhere. Brakes all cleaned up. I didn't mess with the lights because they still work.
View attachment 7898

Also redid the grounds and tightened ubolts that were really loose.
We got guys at work that are notorious for prolific use of scotch locks. I've seen them make a repair to a damaged wire so many times there's one about every 6in.
Or they pile them on everything to tap this & that. It ends up looking like this.
9be3276bcc8116c12a2acaf4c77d7d98.jpg

WolfGT

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
Tire mounted. I put it on the underside of the bracket. I may flip it tomorrow. I’m going to sleep on it.

dbb6fe04f9f1eef0772b5250b33dbadb.jpg

11432cbcd472953b396651706285797d.jpg

4c8bc9594125e090c62976c3005e0cc9.jpg

Picked up a set of 5 stock rubicon wheels and tires for the JK, $200! Tires look great, rears 60% or so, fronts 40ish. New spare, gonna buy another new tire and put the spare on the front. Pretty pleased with that deal. Also removed all carpet and hosed the entire thing out on the inside. Digging the no carpet look a lot, though it does have a little more motor noise.