What did you do to your rig Today? V2.0

Grabbed a $40 camper shell for my Comanche. [emoji857][emoji857][emoji857]
$5 bottle of cleaner, $5 at the spray wash was like magic!
It's getting a rack for the kayak, and will end up as a mini sleeper during hunting season.
e2b2f3a28a0edb0f501b2ab7577b6949.jpg
Good buy and an even better cleanup job.

Make Comanches great again!

Sent from my SM-J320P using Tapatalk

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
Another handy garage addition. I had looked at several different brands of these and had one in my amazon wish list. The price dropped to $53 so I got it. Seems solid, and the drawers have a nice detent to them.

20180728_132205.jpg

Last edited:

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
Nice. I plan to do a separate trans mount when I do the swap so the skids can be dropped easily.
Yep, it'll definitely make everything a bit easier to get to and if you need to replace the skid that'll be easier too. Turned out pretty nice for the concerns I had about doing it.

So that's the ucf lopro bolted directly to that, then your skid will clear the bolts?
Exactly. I drilled four holes for the lopro mount and the skid will clear the crossmember. The crossmember is currently 1.5" below the frame rails. The skid will sit between 1.5 and 2" below the frame rails. I'm just happy to drive it right now.

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
Exactly. I drilled four holes for the lopro mount and the skid will clear the crossmember. The crossmember is currently 1.5" below the frame rails. The skid will sit between 1.5 and 2" below the frame rails. I'm just happy to drive it right now.
Nice. I'm hoping to eliminate the lopro. Dont really need a flexible mount there with the bushings on each side.

Nice. I'm hoping to eliminate the lopro. Dont really need a flexible mount there with the bushings on each side.
Yeah you're definitely right. I could have gotten probably another half inch to inch or so, but my main goal was to just get a separate skid/crossmember setup. That would have been a good idea to do. Next time it'll be going flat.

you will want the flexible mount at the trans, it allows a lot more movement than the two bushings mounted all the way out at the frame. I have seen a few examples of breaking the transmission bell housing from having it mounted with just the motor mounts and the frame mounts at the skid.