What did you do to your rig Today? V2.0

New 3\8 winch rope got the hook removed, and installed my Safety Thimble. Just gotta finish writing the controls so I can spool it up.
Rear bumper & tire swing removed, and letting the first coat of bed protector cure. 2nd coat in 4 hrs, them I can start on the tire swing. d58342476fbd6d0eaa31b6c7663fafeb.jpg cae1f679d63f30985a7e2a8b67f36cce.jpg

Love the color of that tj
Thanks,
Inca Gold only produced in 2003. Total production is 80,000 TJ's in 2003, about 1000 Inca Gold, and only 212 of those are Rubicons.
It's like hitting the lottery. Crazy part is that there are 4 in the Columbia\Lexington area. The probability of that is astronomical!

I've been slowly but consistently working towards getting the Commando back on the road and then on the trail. It's very close. Over the past few weeks I've been able to finish changing the front leafs over from the narrow stock springs to custom spring packs using Toyota mini truck mains and CJ leafs to end up with the strength of 2.5" wide leafs with better flexibility. I had help with this step from my kids and from a good neighbor.
IMG_1054.jpg

Then the same good neighbor sent my old cheap steel wheels down the powder coating line at his work to yield a great result, especially considering the substrate.
IMG_1143.jpg

I had told myself for a long time that I couldn't spend money on tires for the Commando until I had all the other major items checked off the list and tires were the last thing that was keeping it off the road. Well, that's almost true now. And between a killer deal on BFGs at 4wheel Parts and my birthday a couple weeks ago - I finally bought tires: 35x12.50r15 KM2s. One of my good friends was in town this weekend from California, and we spent some time getting some nuts tightened up on the suspension and putting the tires on. Again, with help from the kids.
IMG_1144.jpg

As she currently sits:
IMG_1149.jpg

This weekend will hopefully involve changing out the clutch friction disc and flywheel, installing new front dampers, ... and a test drive.

Drove it! Feels good to get it out and around town. I still have a lot to do, but so far it is going around town pretty well. I need to find someone to stuff a set of 4.10 gears into the axles for me.

Found out the pops I've been hearing were in fact not an exhaust leak, but a burned spark plug wire arcing into my header. Well at least I got to cross something off of my list of things wrong with my Blazer.

Broke out the blower and a shovel to try to remove the pine needles. I was worried about a snake being buried in there so I didn't want to use my hands. I wasn't 100% justified as of yet, but I found a nice snakeskin in there. I haven't been crazy enough to check under the seats yet.

Sammy.jpg

Now I am trying to figure out what I keep and what I don't. So far it looks like the axles, tcase, heater, steering, fuse box, gauges, and pedal box are staying with me. The rest will briefly be up for grabs until the trailer gets to the scrap yard. I have doors, but I haven't picked them up yet so I don't know if there is any rot.

Broke out the blower and a shovel to try to remove the pine needles. I was worried about a snake being buried in there so I didn't want to use my hands. I wasn't 100% justified as of yet, but I found a nice snakeskin in there. I haven't been crazy enough to check under the seats yet.

View attachment 7928

Now I am trying to figure out what I keep and what I don't. So far it looks like the axles, tcase, heater, steering, fuse box, gauges, and pedal box are staying with me. The rest will briefly be up for grabs until the trailer gets to the scrap yard. I have doors, but I haven't picked them up yet so I don't know if there is any rot.

Is this donor parts for the single seat buggy?

Is this donor parts for the single seat buggy?
Sort of. One of two. The fireant will be the other donor. The parts will most likely go into my single seater and then into a kids buggy in a year or two. The engine in this one is toast. At least I think it is judging by the quarter sized rust hole in the valve cover. I should go pick up the rest of the pieces for it Saturday. Then I will start blowing it apart to free up space at the shop. I am slowly finding more and more pieces that I can use for the buggy and Jeepster on this thing though.

Everyone at OSCAR recommended that I go straight to my yota parts for my buggy, but I don't have the motor/trans to support that yet. My gear ratio with 36's would be completely off. I would be at a 51:1 with 36's. Without regearing the sammy parts I would be at a 47:1 with 33's. They are pretty close but I am worried the torque won't be there for the added diameter and mass of the 36's.