Roof top tent on a trailer issues

So the tent on the trailer works great, and I knew that when I bought the tent I wouldn't really be able to use the annex. But after seeing pictures of how much room it provides I decided to open it up and see if I could make it work.

Other than totally resewing the door and cutting 3 feet out of the body anyone have any ideas? I need a good way to bundle fabric tightly.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1442266506.953372.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1442266523.617899.jpg

Looks like I could make it work with about 2 feet less fabric. The windows are perfect for the hight, they are just short of the ground. The door is the main issue.

I would just rock it like this but in windy or storm/rain conditions it could get interesting with all the extra fabric.

U ImageUploadedByTapatalk1442266691.149190.jpg

The area inside is 8x9 at the bottom and 6x7 at the top.

Is there no good way to roll up the top? Perhaps adding more snaps to the annex? Im not sure how it mounts at the top. Is the door like a typical Tent zipper where it goes all the way around? Could you not settle with a partial opening of the door? You might could also bunch up the extra fabric and add a couple snaps ?

Maybe we need to drink a beer over this one day.. I'm sure we can come up with something.

Is there no good way to roll up the top? Perhaps adding more snaps to the annex? Im not sure how it mounts at the top. Is the door like a typical Tent zipper where it goes all the way around? Could you not settle with a partial opening of the door? You might could also bunch up the extra fabric and add a couple snaps ?

Maybe we need to drink a beer over this one day.. I'm sure we can come up with something.
I'm in, I didnt think about the snaps, I need some way to take up the fabric tightly, because if it is not tight it will gather water in the rain.

Do you ever plan to have this tent setup at a higher height to were you would take advantage of the full height of the annex? If not, then you could just have it shortened at the top.

Do you ever plan to have this tent setup at a higher height to were you would take advantage of the full height of the annex? If not, then you could just have it shortened at the top.
yeah, the more I think about it, it is nice to have the tent higher for being inside the annex. Currently it would work great because we can put the pack and play in the lower section, but it would be nice to be able to use that area for standing also.