Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Early Bronco Build

City
    Columbia
    State
    SC
    Dang you have been busy while I've been away! Have you seen the orange bronco driving around Columbia?

City
    Columbia
    State
    SC
    Quote Originally Posted by Crawdad View Post
    Dang you have been busy while I've been away! Have you seen the orange bronco driving around Columbia?
    Yeah man, it's coming along. Learning as I go with dialing in the suspension now. I'm up in Spartanburg now so I don't get down to Columbia as much.

City
    Columbia
    State
    SC
    I'd stay in Spartanburg if I were you. If them Gamecocks have another abysmal season expect it to really smell even worse than last year. Get some pics up!

City
    Columbia
    State
    SC
    I've been getting some pretty good work done on this lately. After I got the front suspension tacked in I moved to the rear. I worked all my link locations out using the 4 link and 3 link calculators. The goal was about 100% antisquat front and rear, with adjustable down to 80. Once I take the body off I may rework the rear upper links to get around 60, 80, and 100% antisquat from the adjustable mounts. It took a bit of work to make the roll axis cancel out front to rear. The front lowers, rear lowers, and track bar are also all the same length, and the rear uppers and front upper link are also the same length. They're all relatively short compared to a lot of long arms but it helped keep ground clearance as high as possible. I'm no expert so we'll see how it all works once its done. For my future reference, here's my numbers.

Picture1.jpg

Picture2.jpg
    Last edited by TCBronco; 07-26-2017 at 04:23 PM.

City
    Columbia
    State
    SC
    Mocking up the rear suspension.

A lot of sheet metal had to go for the up travel and the longer wheelbase.

I was originally thinking of just going with around a 99" wheelbase, early broncos are 92" so they're really short. After getting it mocked up the first time I decided to go as far as I possibly could and got it to almost 104" now. Based on how good LJ's crawl, I think I'll be pretty happy with that.

City
    Leesville
    State
    SC
    Quote Originally Posted by TCBronco View Post
    I was originally thinking of just going with around a 99" wheelbase, early broncos are 92" so they're really short.
    Hahahahaha. Really short.... My sami was STRETCHED to 88".
    '04 LJ Sleeper

City
    Hartsville
    State
    SC
    Wish I could look at those numbers. it does not appear to be clickable to zoom in. Is that double triangulated rear 4 link? Would love to see more pictures of the mounts and all.

City
    Columbia
    State
    SC
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Wish I could look at those numbers. it does not appear to be clickable to zoom in. Is that double triangulated rear 4 link? Would love to see more pictures of the mounts and all.
    Yes rear is double triangulated 4 link, front is just 3 link with a track bar. I edited the post above, you should be able to see better now. Once I take the body off for final welding I'll get some better pictures of how the links are mounted.

City
    Columbia
    State
    SC
    Looking good, keep up the good job.

City
    Greenville
    State
    SC
    I started following you on Instagram. This thing is turning out badass. The wheels set it off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast