Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: White TJ build

City
    Greenwood
    State
    SC

White TJ build

Set my motor in last Friday for hopefully the last time. Also got the oil and filter changed. Re routed/bent my stock fuel line to line up better. Installed the automatic shifter assembly and realized the ZJ cable isn't going to work. Should've grabbed the one off the TJ I got the assembly from.

Also received my wiring harness finally after almost two months. For the price and all not too excited bout what I got back but as long as it works It'll be fine. Started laying it out on the engine yesterday and hopefully get some more time this coming week to start plugging up

Some issues I've ran in to. TJ throttle cable doesn't work on the 5.9. Hopefully one from the ZJ will. Also tried to hook up the transfer case shift linkage that Ronnie made. Not sure if I'm having a brain fart or what but it was working right. Don't want to but may have to go Novak cable shifter. Pic shows t-case in 4low when handle is in 2high. Only way they would connect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Drew01taco; 04-14-2017 at 11:17 AM.

City
    Greenwood
    State
    SC
    Got a few kinks worked out. Got a throttle cable from a ram 1500 that works. The ZJ nor the TJ cable worked. Also got my automatic transmission shifter cable figured out. To be able to use the stock ZJ shifter cable I took a bracket off the ZJ mount and tacked it on with some spacers to get it even. Seems to work pretty good. All I know of I'm lacking on the engine now is getting new batter terminals and making sure all the grounds are in place. Then hopefully she'll fire up!

And just cause I wanted to see if it all lines up right...

City
    Greenwood
    State
    SC
    Well it's been long over due but I finally fired her up! It's a helluva feeling to have it crank on the first try! I was gonna post the video but doesn't look like I can do that on my phone anymore.

Still got a good bit to do cleaning up wires and getting my radiator situation figured out but it feels good to have it running!

City
    Greenwood
    State
    SC

White TJ build

Edit: here's a YouTube link

https://youtu.be/cLtW8OTePzg

Last edited by Drew01taco; 05-14-2017 at 12:34 PM.

City
    Greenwood
    State
    SC
    I may eventually get around to updating the thread again after the great disaster. But for now Iíll just update what all I got done this past weekend.
    Finished up checking over everything. Welded everything in for good. Repainted my axle and all the brackets. Painted and installed my barnes 2Ē drop skid plate. Fit like a glove. Only lack bleeding the brakes but the bleeder valves were rusted shut so wasnít able to yet.

City
    Greenwood
    State
    SC
    About got my fuel cell wrapped up. Itís plumbed and I just need to get some wire to extend my pump harness. Had to order some more -6AN hose and a 90* fitting for the vent. Motobilt didnít mention in the details of the TJ fuel cell itís a size 6 vs 8 like the RCI cells. But on the bright side summit had my Parts the next day.

City
    Chapin
    State
    SC
    this thing is going to be sick when you finish!
    --Brooks

City
    Greenwood
    State
    SC
    Thanks brooks! I hope so! Iím trying to hurry up and finish. Iím ready to get this beast on the road again!

City
    Hodges
    State
    SC
    Does the tank have a built in roll-over valve?

City
    Greenwood
    State
    SC
    Quote Originally Posted by matth_85 View Post
    Does the tank have a built in roll-over valve?
    Yeah it came with one built in to the right of the pump

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast