State
    SC
    V8, stickies, and 44s
    '04 LJ Sleeper

City
    Greenwood
    State
    SC
    Had a productive weekend. Took the ZJ out the shop. Cleared out a spot for the TJ to be at home for a while. Pulled the fenders and front clip. Got the 4.0 out today. Took the NP231 off and started the SYE. Started tearing down the 8.8 to find out I need a new ring and pinion. Ring gear bolts backed out and ate up the pinion inside the diff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

City
    Greenwood
    State
    SC
    Got the motor mounts tacked in today. Figured out a way to use the stock TJ skid with the ZJ trans mount. Also sent the wires off a couple weeks ago to get mated together.

Got all my parts to rebuild the rear 8.8. Also got my new custom 6x5.5 shafts for the rear. Gonna try and get it built and under the jeep while I wait on my wiring harness

City
    Greenwood
    State
    SC
    Went back to the shop today and cleaned up and organized things a little better. Welded up the mounts to the frame and painted them. Cut down the brackets that attach to the motor because they were longer than i needed and painted them up as well.

Finally torqued down my yokes on my t-case and went to go bolt it up to the transmission and ...problem... I need a medium .840 input shaft for my T-case. So my first thought is maybe i can cut my input shaft down so it will slide in all the way and bolt up. Or my better option is find a medium input shaft and swap it out.

Anyone have a medium .840 input shaft laying around?

City
    Greenville
    State
    SC
    Hell ya dude this thing is going to be sweet. If I ever get time when I'm back in town I'll holler at you and swing by to check it out.

City
    Greenwood
    State
    SC
    Appreciate it Steve. Yeah man, hit me up when you're back in ole Abbeville. And congrats on the new baby man!

City
    Greenwood
    State
    SC
    Selling the old front bumper this weekend. Going to probably go with a Motobilt stubby front bumper and also while I'm ordering from them going to give their Motobilt fuel cell and pump ring a try. Also going to get my parts and fittings rounded up from Summit to connect the fuel system and factory pump to the cell.

Does anyone see any reason I shouldn't try and trim my input shaft on my T-case? Am I asking for more trouble doing that?

City
    Greenwood
    State
    SC

White TJ build

So I got word my wiring harness should be shipped out soon so I've been trying to get a few things done and engine ready to go in. One thing I got done tonight was cutting down my input shaft on my T case. Used a harbor freight special grinder stand clamped to the table and a ratchet strap to hold the t case. Worked pretty well actually. Still need to bevel the end. I guess time will tell on the strength of the shaft though. Here's a pic of how I had it rigged up

Also ordered a motobilt stubby front bumper and fuel cell tonight. Looking forward to getting those installed!

Once the motor is in place. Gonna change the engine and trans filters. Gonna replace the belt tensioner and also going to replace the valve cover gaskets before I put the motor in

Last edited by Drew01taco; 03-16-2017 at 09:20 PM.

City
    Greenwood
    State
    SC
    Replaced the valve covers last Thursday and finished up putting a bevel on the input shaft and smoothed it over.

Also, got my fuel cell in this weekend. It looks great! Can't wait for the bumper to come in!

City
    Greenwood
    State
    SC
    Got my front bumper this week. Got it painted with truck bed coating. Used it on my old Tacoma bumper and it held up well. Also got the idea to cut an access point in my front tube fenders hopefully make it easier to install. And went ahead and gave them a fresh coat of truck bed liner too. Got the perforated metal from Lowes

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast