Heat reduction hoods

I dont know what all is out there, but could you do something like the aev hood has on the side. near the back. It would let heat out, but maybe not let it get to your interior vent.

2.jpg

vent.jpg

vent_jeep_liberty_07.jpg

images.jpg

I have been working on my 84 yota a lot lately. Basically resto stuff, no mods yet. Since getting the a/c going it really struggles at red lights and being I can use every bit of power it has when the a/c is on I thing some vents could really help it out. I'd love to figure out how to really shed heat out the engine bay. The past night or so with these cooler temps it seems to pull the hill better.

I have been working on my 84 yota a lot lately. Basically resto stuff, no mods yet. Since getting the a/c going it really struggles at red lights and being I can use every bit of power it has when the a/c is on I thing some vents could really help it out. I'd love to figure out how to really shed heat out the engine bay. The past night or so with these cooler temps it seems to pull the hill better.
I know a lot of people steal hood vents from a lebaron I believe that may interest you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When you get that humidity out of the air and some cool air to breath it probably makes another 5-8 HP. That's like a 10-15% increase on a 20R. Of course you feel it. lol

When you get that humidity out of the air and some cool air to breath it probably makes another 5-8 HP. That's like a 10-15% increase on a 20R. Of course you feel it. lol
I noticed more HP now that it has started to cool off at night. That extra 2 or 3 HP makes a difference when you drive a jeep that might make 90 HP to the wheels. lol

~Jeff

Just now reading this old thread. I was aware that AEV quit making the standard hood (non hiline). I always liked the looks of it but it really seems like a really bad functional design. Might be great for getting heat out, and fine for a trail rig that may or may not see that much daily use. But, Seems like when its raining that dip and mesh would act like a huge funnel to dump water down into engine compartment and not only that, but directly onto the fan which would spray it everywhere.

I'm glad to see this thread revived. Since I replaced my front fenders and inner fenders, my gas mileage has been awful. I could not use the stock airbox, and have a cone filter on the original intake tube. My suspicions have been that the underhood temps, and the hot, less dense air, being drawn into the engine were causing this. I have been driving around with a scanner plugged in, to allow me to monitor intake air temperature. The temps have reached over 200 degrees. I am trying to come up with a cold air intake that will fit the available area, and not collect mud, bugs, rain, etc. I can't help but feel that cooler intake temps combined with decreased underhood temps will help.