TJ hardtop fitment.

So my 2005 TJ didn't come from the factory with a hardtop, but it has one now. The seal between the tailgate and rear window leaves about a 1 cm opening so that rain gets in. I'd like to see some pictures of what the inside of the factory tailgate looks like at the top and how it seals with the hardtop. If anyone could post some that'd be great.

So my 2005 TJ didn't come from the factory with a hardtop, but it has one now. The seal between the tailgate and rear window leaves about a 1 cm opening so that rain gets in. I'd like to see some pictures of what the inside of the factory tailgate looks like at the top and how it seals with the hardtop. If anyone could post some that'd be great.
My TJ was the same way. You need to slide the gasket off of your rear softop window bar and clip it to the tailgate lip, or the lip on the rear glass of the hardtop.

I don't have a soft top either. Mine just came with a hardtop from another jeep that had it from the factory. I'd imagine I can probably purchase that gasket though? I'll look it up. Thanks.

this seal should already be on your rear hardtop glass at the bottom. Unless it has fallen off or removed.

Brooks is talking about taking the soft top rear window bar seal and putting that on your tailgate to work in addition to the seal on the bottom of the hardtop glass.

Is there evidence out there showing that the soft top seal was intended to be used on the tailgate as well? My 01 came factory with dual tops and that seal was not installed on the tailgate

this seal should already be on your rear hardtop glass at the bottom. Unless it has fallen off or removed.

Brooks is talking about taking the soft top rear window bar seal and putting that on your tailgate to work in addition to the seal on the bottom of the hardtop glass.

Is there evidence out there showing that the soft top seal was intended to be used on the tailgate as well? My 01 came factory with dual tops and that seal was not installed on the tailgate
I'm not sure how they are supposed to be from the factory as my jeep was factory soft top. I had the same gap that he is describing and I put the soft top bar seal on my tailgate and it fixed the gap. I may be totally out in left field though.

Oh i'm not saying it doesnt work. Just wondering if its just a homebrew hack or if it was intended to be used that way as well. I have seen a couple jeeps come in with that seal on the tailgate instead of the soft top window bar. Open up someones tailgate and see the bar on the window without the seal on it and then see the seal on the tailgate makes you scratch your head.. wth...

1 cm? This is America we speak inches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk