Gulches August 1st

Almost perfect conditions. Great day of wheeling...well I did a little. Still not able to get this 20 mega-watt grin off of Mrs. LowRider, after she drove most of the day. She now thinks that wheeling is better than riding. I am in big trouble.

Thanks for letting me tag along. I got to see some parts of the park that sadly I have never seen before. In the past I have just went for the big stuff with the old buggy. This one hasn't seen a lot of the park due to reliability issues. Now they seem to be sorted out. I guess they should be when you consider that the engine and trans are completely rebuilt and the axle shafts are dana 44 shafts that are custom splined. This makes the second trip without any breakage and the third that I can consider a success. Now I guess I am going to tear a few things down and clean it up. I need to get back into the driveshafts and use safety wire on those bolts. Then probably cut up a few things to upgrade to a 12 gallon safety cell instead of the dual underseat fuel tanks that I built. I might even go ahead and add power steering and power brakes while it is down.

We had a decent turnout and everyone seemed to have a good time. We got separated from Miller early on and didn't end up back together, but Me, Art, Jody, Taylor, Tim, and Sam stuck together most of the time and hit some good trails. And Clippa joined up with us for a little while.

Everyone ran the top section of Heartbreaker. We went to the other end and ran 17 or 28 and played in Palmetto Crossing. Then came back to TNT and everyone made that (Tim's JK is probably a little #Jimbolized underneath now...). Then some of us ran Radical Ravine.

There weren't many cameras out. Tim caught me in Radical and I got a shot of Taylor and Clippa after me. Art had a few if you want to post.

PART951438486758826952015-08-019523.25.08_zpsicgc6qsl.jpg

I hate that I didn't get to ride with everyone. Skip needed me to tour some Gulches newcomers, which ended up dominating my day. I did get to do Shipwreck, Radical Ravine, TNT Rockgarden, Palmetto Crossing and the upper third of Heartbreaker, plus miles of access trails. It was late when I finally left.

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
We also met up with a newcomer named Gary that got in line with us. We we're able to convince him to try tnt also and he did great.