Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Smoking Meat and Dry Rub

City
    Chapin
    State
    SC

Smoking Meat and Dry Rub

We have had a few discussions in the past. I'm doing 6-8 Racks of ribs this weekend for some friends and family and was looking to see if anyone had some dry rub recipes they like. I like what my current recipe but I was wondering if anyone has some that they like to make.
    --Brooks

City
    Hodges
    State
    SC
    Quote Originally Posted by 97TJGUZZY View Post
    We have had a few discussions in the past. I'm doing 6-8 Racks of ribs this weekend for some friends and family and was looking to see if anyone had some dry rub recipes they like. I like what my current recipe but I was wondering if anyone has some that they like to make.
    I think I use about the same thing you do from discussing it in the past. I have tried other stuff on Butt and Loin but always revert back to the OG.
    Harvard

City
    Greenville
    State
    SC
    What's y'all's OG rub?

from reading on different smoking forums I usually just buy a rub of some sort bc it's usually cheaper then sourcing everything and putting it together. I used a cowboy rub once that I like a lot on a but.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

City
    Hodges
    State
    SC
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve97tj View Post
    What's y'all's OG rub?

from reading on different smoking forums I usually just buy a rub of some sort bc it's usually cheaper then sourcing everything and putting it together. I used a cowboy rub once that I like a lot on a but.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Brown Sugar
    Paprika
    Cumin
    Salt
    Pepper
    Cayan pepper
    Onion Powder
    Garlic Powder

A lot of Brown sugar and Paprika (mainly just a filler) and I put equal amounts of the others in typically. I put more Cayan than a lot of people like but I cook what I like...sorry fawkers...

I really have no amount of each. It's different every time. It makes a nice bark and tastes real good. On the ribs I typically try to get them sweeter than my Butt so less Cayan pepper maybe more black pepper as that's a different taste.
    Harvard

City
    Hodges
    State
    SC
    I have two Butts and plan to do two racks of ribs and two loins for the 4th.

I also bought me a new grill. Still have a few tweaks to make on it but I lit it up last night with a small amount of charcoal and it regulated heat very well and held for a long time. Won't have all the modifications done for the 4th as I am out of town for work the rest of the week but it seemed to do real well last night.
    Harvard

City
    Chapin
    State
    SC
    Quote Originally Posted by matth_85 View Post
    Brown Sugar
    Paprika
    Cumin
    Salt
    Pepper
    Cayan pepper
    Onion Powder
    Garlic Powder

A lot of Brown sugar and Paprika (mainly just a filler) and I put equal amounts of the others in typically. I put more Cayan than a lot of people like but I cook what I like...sorry fawkers...

I really have no amount of each. It's different every time. It makes a nice bark and tastes real good. On the ribs I typically try to get them sweeter than my Butt so less Cayan pepper maybe more black pepper as that's a different taste.
    I'm the same way with butt vs ribs, I like the ribs to be a bit sweeter than the but because a hot rub on the ribs can easily overpower the flavor of the meat.
    --Brooks

City
    Hodges
    State
    SC
    Yep. Not enough meat there for a real strong rub
    Harvard

SUPPORTER
    City
    Greenville
    State
    SC
    Yep. Not enough meat there for a real strong rub
    That is terrible, and I am trying to be a grown up....

You guys are making me want to get a smoker.

City
    Hodges
    State
    SC
    Hahaha. That's what she said.

Or he said in today's world I guess.

You should man. I enjoy sitting at the lake on the holidays cooking a buncha good food and sippin beers.
    Harvard

SUPPORTER
    City
    Greenville
    State
    SC
    I enjoy sitting at the lake on the holidays cooking a buncha good food and sippin beers.
    Why would I get a smoker then? I can just come and sit with you at the lake. I would be stuck smoking meat in my backyard and it isn't anywhere near any water. Plus drinking all day with a pregnant wife at home isn't the best idea if you know what is good for you. All kidding aside though I need to get a smoker. My old neighbor had a propane powered one, but I keep eyeballing something charcoal based.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast