Media Blasting

Hey guys, I need some leads on media blasting, somewhere north of Columbia would be nice-- I'm in Seneca. I want to get the engine compartment done on my
dad's old '55 Chevy. It's got several layers of paint on it that I want to get off. There isn't much rust to speak of.

The plan is to paint the engine compartment, install LS engine, shut the hood and leave the exterior as is. The cab of the car was originally the Chevrolet Red which looks
very orange to most people.

Who do I need to call?

Most of the guys I know use Brezeale Sandblasting in Easley. I have never had them blast anything, but these guys keep going back. Jeeps, model A's, trailers, farm equipment. They have taken it all over there.

Brooks, I'm using the term "media" because you hear many people say that "sand" blasting gets the metal too hot, it's too abrasive etc. I want to get paint off and down to metal that I can prime and paint new. I've heard soda blasting, pecan shell blasting and all that.

I know what I want to end up with.....how I get there is for the experts to tell me.

Brooks, I'm using the term "media" because you hear many people say that "sand" blasting gets the metal too hot, it's too abrasive etc. I want to get paint off and down to metal that I can prime and paint new. I've heard soda blasting, pecan shell blasting and all that.

I know what I want to end up with.....how I get there is for the experts to tell me.
talk to jimmy, he had a local company is the area do his military trailer and it was reasonably priced.