Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Mountain bike riding

City
    greenville
    State
    SC
    Lol good call...where ya wanna ride this weekend?

City
    greenwood
    State
    SC
    I just got back from trying out the new ride. ITS FREAKING HOT! I got a call from my relator and she said get to packing. So I have to make hay while the sun is shining. We have to plan a dupont day for sure now. All I can think about its riding then diving in Hooker Falls.

City
    augusta
    State
    GA
    I did the same, and I concur. Hot.

It wasn't a great idea riding in 96+ when I'm out of shape, but it felt great getting back on a bike. The ride is so smooth compared to my hard tail (shocking I know).

Here's my new ride

City
    greenville
    State
    SC
    I wanna ride either Saturday morning or sunday morning. ..I wanna go to dupont or was thinking the trails over in Clemson

City
    greenwood
    State
    SC
    Very nice Cary. Where did you ride? I agree about the smooth ride, I was clicking along twice my normal speed just grinning. Ive got a lot of tires to choose from. I almost took the Nobby Nicks off and set up My Maxxis Ikons tubeless before I left for a faster ride. Glad I didn't, I needed every bit of traction in the corners and curves, been along time since I've been that fast. Blowing thru turns everywhere.

City
    greenville
    State
    SC
    i might be changing my gearing setup and run one sprocket up front and add one in the back since i cracked a tooth off the other day..save alittle weight also

City
    augusta
    State
    GA
    Quote Originally Posted by 250f4life View Post
    Very nice Cary. Where did you ride?
    I just did a quick loop on the canal single track here in Augusta. Once I get my legs back a little more I'll hit FATS and some others. I also have a set of 2.35 Ikons in the mail. They'll be here tomorrow. The tires that came with this bike are heavy. Switching to the Ikons is going to drop over a pound.

Quote Originally Posted by 308turbo View Post
    i might be changing my gearing setup and run one sprocket up front and add one in the back since i cracked a tooth off the other day..save alittle weight also
    I did that too. Less to think about coming from years of SS riding.
    Last edited by bgredjeep; 07-09-2015 at 10:40 PM.

City
    greenville
    State
    SC
    Ya I have only gone into low gear once on the couple rides I did and it was pretty much because I was tired...with the right gearing the other way it pretty dang close to being the same

SUPPORTER
    City
    Greenville
    State
    SC
    I can probably swing an early morning trip out to Dupont. Should have my chain fixed by lunch today. I just have to be careful with the baby only a few weeks away. Might be my last trip to Dupont until he gets here. I don't want to be to far from home just in case he decides to make an early appearance.

City
    greenville
    State
    SC
    think were planning for sunday morning if anyone else in interested in going to dupont

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast