yeee yeee
    1992 Explorer Build with axles, tires, and bolts
    2007 Lexus GX470 with sliders, roof racks, and tires
    2005 LJ with low gears and poor fuel mileage

City
    Chapin
    State
    SC
    deano, have you ridden cedar rock and big rock trail on the SS? or do you have a geared bike also?
    --Brooks

City
    greenwood
    State
    SC
    Quote Originally Posted by 97TJGUZZY View Post
    deano, have you ridden cedar rock and big rock trail on the SS? or do you have a geared bike also?
    Yes, Iíve riding every thing there on a SS without walking. Itís a man card stamp for sure on those 2 trails though. I just swapped my SS to gears after about 3 years of SS only.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

City
    Greenville
    State
    SC
    Your crazy man. What gearing are you running when your run SS?

I rode green river game lands last friday after work. Cool place with some pretty crazy downhill enduro bits and a hike to get back up. A lot of downed trees and the trails were marked but i was riding somewhat blind in places because it didn't look like anyone had ridden in awhile. Definitely a place to check out if your ever in the area. I started at the bishop branch parking lot and went clockwise. There was a huge kayak race saturday on the green river, looked pretty gnarly.

https://www.mtbproject.com/directory...iver-game-land

I've decided to ditch the clipless unless i'm riding singletrack, way my bike is set up currently i've busted my *** several times in the slow technical stuff, i've got a huge bruise from busting it on my right leg at GRGL then again going down a very slippery big rock trail on sunday. Hoping to do a few things in the next couple months to improve my current set up and pick up a FS 27.5+ come spring or summer.

City
    greenwood
    State
    SC
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve97tj View Post
    Your crazy man. What gearing are you running when your run SS?

I rode green river game lands last friday after work. Cool place with some pretty crazy downhill enduro bits and a hike to get back up. A lot of downed trees and the trails were marked but i was riding somewhat blind in places because it didn't look like anyone had ridden in awhile. Definitely a place to check out if your ever in the area. I started at the bishop branch parking lot and went clockwise. There was a huge kayak race saturday on the green river, looked pretty gnarly.

https://www.mtbproject.com/directory...iver-game-land

I've decided to ditch the clipless unless i'm riding singletrack, way my bike is set up currently i've busted my *** several times in the slow technical stuff, i've got a huge bruise from busting it on my right leg at GRGL then again going down a very slippery big rock trail on sunday. Hoping to do a few things in the next couple months to improve my current set up and pick up a FS 27.5+ come spring or summer.
    Iím running 32x18. But truthfully itís not as bad as you would think because they are so much more efficient than a geared bike when it comes to climbing. I have a really strong group of SS riders here in gwd so pain is an every ride thing.

City
    Chapin
    State
    SC
    There was a group of ss riders coming up cedar rock when I was there last weekend.

--Brooks

City
    greenwood
    State
    SC
    Iíll just tell ya Iíve only done Cedar Rock once on it. Thought I was going to rip my handle bars off. It isnít a trail I regularly did.

City
    Greenville
    State
    SC
    That's impressive. My dropouts are adjustable for SS. If i get something else to ride i'd probably try and set it up my salsa for SS to dabble in.

This is happening this weekend up in these parts. I'm in no shape to race, but i may try and watch the race sunday.
    http://upstatecranksgiving.org/

City
    Chapin
    State
    SC
    im in no shape to race either, but that looks like a jam backed weekend of fun.
    --Brooks

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345