Mountain bike riding

Who all in here rides?? I know dean, clippa. Theres gotta be some other guys on here that exercise in between wheeling and drinking beer :grin:

I picked up a new to me bike the other week so i been trying to ride any free chance i get between work and newborn..I been hitting up paris mountain on sunday morning. This past saturday i rode some trails in clemson, sweat single track trail that was 10 miles long.

Issaquenna definitely has some nice stuff. I don't really like the downhill course side, but I am not into man made stuff, gap jumps, or wall rides. Probably my favorite place is to get up to Dupont. We have a group from work that tries to go ride on Wednesday or Thursday nights after work at Paris or Pleasant ridge. After that we typically grab some beer or food. I wanted to get out this weekend, but I just couldn't get out of bed early enough.

I havnt seen the downhill course other then on internet. I only rode one trail there saturday but i def wanna go check some more out.. I can differently do Wednesday nights because i work in greenville and get off around 5, the rest of the week im in Asheville and not usually home till 6..I like bombing down paris mountain. This weekend i might go check out that spot in greenwood.

I used to ride there regularly, got out of it for a bit and now I have started back. Beware that I am out of shape and only good for 15 or so miles. LOL But let me know if you want to get a group ride together cause I would be down.

~Jeff

I havnt seen the downhill course other then on internet. I only rode one trail there saturday but i def wanna go check some more out.. I can differently do Wednesday nights because i work in greenville and get off around 5, the rest of the week im in Asheville and not usually home till 6..I like bombing down paris mountain. This weekend i might go check out that spot in greenwood.
we could string together some good runs at isaqueena, we covered a little over 30 miles one day. Check out wildcat technical trail and also there was one we called chainbreaker that was awesome. If you want some directions I can help lead you to them.

I'm down anytime. Im just limited to my Single Speed right now though so nothing to crazy for me. I have a 150 miles of trails within an hour of greenwood to ride so anytime I can show yall some very fun single track in multiple areas.

I'm down anytime. Im just limited to my Single Speed right now though so nothing to crazy for me. I have a 150 miles of trails within an hour of greenwood to ride so anytime I can show yall some very fun single track in multiple areas.
so what you wanna do is bring me to some high speed bmx trails and kick my *** on a mountain bike lol...just playing im gonna try to come down by u this weekend

so what you wanna do is bring me to some high speed bmx trails and kick my *** on a mountain bike lol...just playing im gonna try to come down by u this weekend
That is what he is going to do. Just make sure you put him out front towards the end when you are struggling. If you don't he will sit back there and rub your tire and heckle you.

i followed direction off of sobra and when i got there they were running a triathlon..so i just jumped on the trail after them and followed.. Not the best plan trying to hang with them since i haven't been on a bike in years and haven't really pushed myself since my heart surgery.. think it took me alittle over an hour was a 10 mile course they had marked.. but yeah i def need better directions over there. One guy said the popular trails are on the other side of the lake.

They typically run the triathlons on the side I don't like to ride. Let me know when you head out there. I know my way around a little after trail running and biking over there. I run into the problem that Dupont doesn't take much longer to get to from my house so I typically just head up there. I would rather ride where I can get the elevation changes that just don't exist outside of the mountains. Generally Clemson is saved for days that I can duck out of the in-laws in Anderson and ride for a little while.

ya i agree it took me an hour to get there little bit longer i could get to dupont...i just been trying to do little rides because i been making solo trips

[/URL][/IMG]

Great fun for a short little loop at Dupont. This is one I ride solo but will also use to show people what is up there. A couple of great fast downhills, but you gotta climb to go down.

There is a ton of riding up there. Hopefully I can get up there a couple more times before the baby comes. Not sure I can squeeze in any wheeling outside of a quick trip to Gulches for a while. Leaves me with mountain bike only. Maybe I should take advantage of the time and work on the new buggy.

Nice. I've ridden SS for the last 8 years. Just picked up my first FS bike and been getting it ready to ride. I was hoping to ride this evening, but the storms last week trashed the trail I was going to hit.

Now Dean can come up and ride where there are actually hills to climb. Hopefully I will get mine back together tomorrow. Then I will be ready to ride this weekend. I would do it today, but even in the short amount of time I have been married, I know better than to try to work on a bike or car on my wife's birthday.