TPMS settings

So our jk is the first vehicle I have ever owned that had tpms. It signals there is a problem when the psi goes below 34 psi I believe. So what do I do when I want to air down to about 15 this week on the beach. Any tricks for this?

Are there no side effects? I don't mind the light just making sure. I know when the check engine light is on there are things that don't work right.

Mines been on in my 2500 since I bought it. Factory PSI for those trucks is crazy high and I run mine less than "required". Stupid tire sensors.

Piece of electrical tape over the light?

Then remove when you leave the beach?

Figure keep it simple since its just this one trip right now. The TPMS sensors are actually pretty nice when you pick up a nail.

we ended up just lowering the pressure from 40 to 35. I think the light comes on at 34. We bogged down a bit, but it was fine at that pressure.

Oak Island? That's a good place to run around. The north side of the cape fear river can be something else though. Much coarser sand around Kure Beach and the state park. Carolina Beach a bit further up is looser, but gets rutted badly due to so much traffic. Good times out there growing up.

I just listen to it ding every time I start up when wheeling. Doesn't affect anything. Sometimes when I air back up its a little pissy and reads low for awhile even though it's not.