Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rubicon 2015 in the BroncoII

City
    Columbia
    State
    SC
    Quote Originally Posted by 97TJGUZZY View Post
    so who all rode with you and what was the trip from the east coast like?
    It was just my mom, my brother and my dog that went. We took the northern way across country on I-80. We left South Carolina last Sunday, May 3 at 3:30 pm and made it to Redding, CA last Thursday around lunch time. If you were going straight to the Rubicon we could of made it there a day earlier, since we passed right through Reno Wednesday night. I towed with my F-250, it did pretty good. I had a return fuel line that started leaking in Nebraska but I took some hose from the Bronco and got it fixed in a few minutes and we kept going. I think we're gonna try a different route going back, through texas and I'll be able to compare them. The northern way puts you at about 6000-8000 ft elevation from Nebraska all the way to the edge of California, so it was a little harder to tow up the hills without the egt's climbing too high.

City
    Chapin
    State
    SC
    Quote Originally Posted by TCBronco View Post
    It was just my mom, my brother and my dog that went. We took the northern way across country on I-80. We left South Carolina last Sunday, May 3 at 3:30 pm and made it to Redding, CA last Thursday around lunch time. If you were going straight to the Rubicon we could of made it there a day earlier, since we passed right through Reno Wednesday night. I towed with my F-250, it did pretty good. I had a return fuel line that started leaking in Nebraska but I took some hose from the Bronco and got it fixed in a few minutes and we kept going. I think we're gonna try a different route going back, through texas and I'll be able to compare them. The northern way puts you at about 6000-8000 ft elevation from Nebraska all the way to the edge of California, so it was a little harder to tow up the hills without the egt's climbing too high.
    Awesome!
    --Brooks

CU Offroad Moderator cannonball's Avatar
    City
    irmo/clemson
    State
    SC
    Dang man some awesome pictures and looks like one hell of a time! Glad you had fun and the bronco did well.

That bronco is something else though man. Hats off to building a different rig on the trail that looks good!

City
    Leesville
    State
    SC
    And one from the bottom of Cadillac hill
    Attachment 6811
    I nominate this photo for the user submitted category in the 2016 MCJ Calendar.
    Look at the Word Differently - In a World of Talkers, be a thinker and a doer.

City
    Virgie
    State
    KY
    Great pics,looked like a awesome trip

City
    Columbia
    State
    SC
    Quote Originally Posted by Twilliamson View Post
    I nominate this photo for the user submitted category in the 2016 MCJ Calendar.
    Thanks man!

City
    Florence
    State
    SC
    That looks like a load of fun. Do you know the camera specs/shooting arrangement by chance?

City
    Columbia
    State
    SC
    Quote Originally Posted by sarkozy View Post
    That looks like a load of fun. Do you know the camera specs/shooting arrangement by chance?
    Sure, he used a Nikon F4, with a 50mm prime lense, the film is Fujica Superia 200 speed film.

City
    Columbia
    State
    SC
    Here's the video for soup bowl on youtube

https://youtu.be/MWXEUtXGplY

City
    Leesville
    State
    SC
    Sure, he used a Nikon F4, with a 50mm prime lense, the film is Fujica Superia 200 speed film.
    This is gonna make be dig out me old film body.
    Look at the Word Differently - In a World of Talkers, be a thinker and a doer.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast