u-joint help

This weekend I was trying to replace the u-joint on the back axel driveshaft at the transmission, when I pressed the new caps in enough to get the clips in, the joint would freeze up, not just get stiff but lock down. As soon as I took one of the clips out and moved the cap it was fine. The new joint was a Moog the only thing the Nappa or Advanced had. Can anyone recommend a better u-joint. This is on a stock 98 TJ

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
I've had them that are tight until they run a little, but never completely locked up. Make sure a needle bearing didn't get out of place.

I use Spicer joints unless it's an emergency and I don't have one. You can order them or I know CFS and Performance 4x4 keep them in stock.

I've had them that are tight until they run a little, but never completely locked up. Make sure a needle bearing didn't get out of place.

I use Spicer joints unless it's an emergency and I don't have one. You can order them or I know CFS and Performance 4x4 keep them in stock.
Yea I pulled it apart 3 times to make sure that did not happen. Is there a local source for the Spicers?

Last edited:

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
CFS in Columbia, Performance at exit 44 on 20. I don't know about any closer to you. Are you going to be at the meeting tonight?