Jeep Stroker......

And you should forget all about them. Two motors from them and two bad experiences.

Not jeeps so who knows, but I won't deal with them.
We've been using them on jeep motors; 2.5L, 4.0, 4.2, 304's, and 360's for 10 years or so with out any problems. Most all of these are just stock rebuilds. Sending in the customers motor to be rebuilt or buying a rebuilt motor and turning one in as a core.

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
We've been using them on jeep motors; 2.5L, 4.0, 4.2, 304's, and 360's for 10 years or so with out any problems. Most all of these are just stock rebuilds. Sending in the customers motor to be rebuilt or buying a rebuilt motor and turning one in as a core.
yeah, you never know. I've heard lots of good and others with bad experiences but 0 for 2 in our family.

I saw a company that sells supercharger kits for less than $200. You supply your own charger, either from 3.8 gm or the mid 90s t bird.

I've always heard that strokers have a lot of issues, overheating is one as well as reliability. I know for awhile snapping cams was an issue but I'm not sure if that's been resolved or not. I think if your wanting power of a fresh 4.0 it may not be the worst idea to do a mild stroker but to get anything more then factory your gonna spend a lot of money.

Can't go wrong with an LSx motor but I think a 5.0 would be a nice motor too. Still plenty of power with upgraded parts on Craigslist all the time for the cheap. Could have it in for relatively cheap considering what they usually go for.

There is a thread on pirate under jeep hardcore that's like a topic of the week or month thread talking about the 5.0 you should look up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So did some testing and the wires all supply spark to the plugs. I'm hoping to do a compression test on it in the next couple weeks. Been researching crawl boxes. I run a 203/205 currently and frankly the low range isn't low enough. 1.98 doubled is nice but I'd rather have another option. When I did this modification 5 or 6 years ago I was hoping they would do a lomax for the ford 205.... Never happened. Doubt it ever will from what they tell me. So I looked into The Behemoth and the Black Box. Any of you guys have experience with either of them?

I think kirby ran a black box in his tj at one point. It had a lot of slop/backlash in it, so it made delicate maneuvers interesting. not sure about the Behemoth.

would it be cheaper/easier to change the heavy *** 42sx to a set of 39 Reds? Many on the board runs these with stock 4.0s in jeeps, Im running them with a 2.7 Toyota engine in my buggy. I can turn them up on the rocks or cruise down trail/road faster than I can hold my buggy strait.

As far as Behemoth goes....
http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/bad-sellers-disputes-etc/1020832-behemoth-drivetrain-4.html

It's an older topic and I haven't kept u with it but I remember the guy basically led several ppl on for months and months. I didn't spend the time to re-read and see what I missed or was added but...before you spend $$$
Yea Brian who owns HD off road Engineering tried to get with him and be a dealer and turned me on to that info.

would it be cheaper/easier to change the heavy *** 42sx to a set of 39 Reds? Many on the board runs these with stock 4.0s in jeeps, Im running them with a 2.7 Toyota engine in my buggy. I can turn them up on the rocks or cruise down trail/road faster than I can hold my buggy strait.
Replacing my tires and rims would cost about $2700 for sticky tires and another $999 for Raceline rims.... so no it would not be cheaper. The only sticky in a 16.5 rim is Irok's and they are about $2500. The black box is less then $1800 to my door. Plan is to eventually go to a stroker and stickys but this will have to happen over time as cash allows. Tax refunds almost guaranteed over the next 6 or 7 year mean I will have a source to do these things.....

Here's what I did on my 4.0.
www.rickrimmer.com
It crawls better at idle and has a **** ton of power at WOT. No overheating issues either. I am going to have it dyno tuned though just to squeak a few more
numbers out of her.

Replacing my tires and rims would cost about $2700 for sticky tires and another $999 for Raceline rims.... so no it would not be cheaper. The only sticky in a 16.5 rim is Irok's and they are about $2500. The black box is less then $1800 to my door. Plan is to eventually go to a stroker and stickys but this will have to happen over time as cash allows. Tax refunds almost guaranteed over the next 6 or 7 year mean I will have a source to do these things.....
In all honesty. I think you would see a better return on investment by switching to the stickies as George mentioned. You can always sell your current tires/wheels to fund par of it. Reds can be had for less than $2700. Are you talking steel racelines? I can probably beat that price also.

Just trying to speak from experience.

To be brutally honest the SXII's just down right suck. MTN GOAT ran them on his Toyota cab truck for about a year until he got tired of my little baby 4runner being at the top and him at the bottom. Then he got some Krawlers and I had to build a buggy to keep up with him. #realtalk

In all honesty. I think you would see a better return on investment by switching to the stickies as George mentioned. You can always sell your current tires/wheels to fund par of it. Reds can be had for less than $2700. Are you talking steel racelines? I can probably beat that price also.

Just trying to speak from experience.
Yea I believe so. I'd have to find the email. I agree with the sticky part. I also know that the 1.98 low isn't going to get it after 5 years of wheeling this thing. I'd be interested in anyone in SC that can supply said tires and rims for a competitive price. I like to spend local. I've been lurking on NC4x4 to see if anything came up. I've kind of been wanting Trepadors. Honestly I'd entertain any sticky at the right price.

To be brutally honest the SXII's just down right suck. MTN GOAT ran them on his Toyota cab truck for about a year until he got tired of my little baby 4runner being at the top and him at the bottom. Then he got some Krawlers and I had to build a buggy to keep up with him. #realtalk
I would think these would do great on 1K HP mudd truck but I am not going to argue with you on this statement one bit. I've wheeled with some guys on smaller tired rigs that would get up stuff and I could not. So who sells stickys around SC that will not rape me?

Yea I believe so. I'd have to find the email. I agree with the sticky part. I also know that the 1.98 low isn't going to get it after 5 years of wheeling this thing. I'd be interested in anyone in SC that can supply said tires and rims for a competitive price. I like to spend local. I've been lurking on NC4x4 to see if anything came up. I've kind of been wanting Trepadors. Honestly I'd entertain any sticky at the right price.
Maybe I read your comment on pg. uno wrong. I thought when you said 203/205 you meant a doubler 203/205 combo which would be 4:1. Any reason you wouldn't do that combo over a black box??

The Maxxis tires are hard to get a deal on. Krawlers can be had for fair money with a little reaching out. I will gladly help you out on some wheels if you go that route.

I would think these would do great on 1K HP mudd truck but I am not going to argue with you on this statement one bit. I've wheeled with some guys on smaller tired rigs that would get up stuff and I could not. So who sells stickys around SC that will not rape me?
Honestly about all you can do is get in the race program with BFG. Find a racer who will sell them (BFG or Maxxis). Or call Scott Goforth or Daves Offroad Supply. They all sell em'. Higher prices than the first options though.

Maybe I read your comment on pg. uno wrong. I thought when you said 203/205 you meant a doubler 203/205 combo which would be 4:1. Any reason you wouldn't do that combo over a black box??

The Maxxis tires are hard to get a deal on. Krawlers can be had for fair money with a little reaching out. I will gladly help you out on some wheels if you go that route.
Yea I do run a 203/205. I only double down when I feel I need to. A 2.72 with a 1.98 would be a better combination IMHO. I have a friend running a 231/300 set up with treps and while he gets over stuff much easier then me he has blown up the 300 more then once.....