Jeep Stroker......

You have the toughest 4:1 combo known to man. Get stickies and be done with it. Atleast that's what I would do. Then if your not happy with that add the blower like VOLT has and put a better/smaller/more stall than stock converter in it. With your gearing that thing will come to life great.

You could in essence sell your tire/wheel combo for enough to fund the new wheels. Buy stickies with tax $$. Next year do a blower and converter if your not satisfied.

#BlewTJ had 4:1 case, 5:38's, 39" Krawlers. It had good power, just not out of the hole. It wasn't the rig for me. But all it really needed was a good converter to let it flash to more than 1200 RPM.

I had a 5.44:1 in RamRod and it sucked balls. No wheel speed. I used 3:1 98% of the time.

B&M in Greer is who machined my block and head. They will also be the ones doing all the crank work on my 4.0l stroker build that is in the works. I have not had the assemble an engine for me because that is easy work for the money you pay. People who overheat a stroker motor don't take into account that more displacement = more cooling needed. I wouldn't run a built motor in anything with additional cooling.

My last buggy started life with a 4.0l and 42's. When I upgraded to the 5.3 it was like night and day. I was going to stroke that one out, but got talked into an engine swap. That turned into a trans, tcase, all new driveshafts, cooling system, and fuel system. Hindsight I should have stroked it. It was a weekend toy after all and for the money I spent I could have bought another toy to play with.

B&M in Greer is who machined my block and head. They will also be the ones doing all the crank work on my 4.0l stroker build that is in the works. I have not had the assemble an engine for me because that is easy work for the money you pay. People who overheat a stroker motor don't take into account that more displacement = more cooling needed. I wouldn't run a built motor in anything with additional cooling.

My last buggy started life with a 4.0l and 42's. When I upgraded to the 5.3 it was like night and day. I was going to stroke that one out, but got talked into an engine swap. That turned into a trans, tcase, all new driveshafts, cooling system, and fuel system. Hindsight I should have stroked it. It was a weekend toy after all and for the money I spent I could have bought another toy to play with.

Where did you source your parts? I have a crank and rods form a 258. I saw that you can buy stroker kits from Clegg: http://www.cleggengine.com/stroker-kits/jeep-4-0-stroker-kits.html

I would love to throw a stroker kit at the engine I have in the garage. I really need to go through it at least for new gaskets before I put it in.

As far as Behemoth goes....
http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/bad-sellers-disputes-etc/1020832-behemoth-drivetrain-4.html

It's an older topic and I haven't kept u with it but I remember the guy basically led several ppl on for months and months. I didn't spend the time to re-read and see what I missed or was added but...before you spend $$$
I have one of the behemoth drivetrain doublers in my truck and I honestly wouldn't recommend it. The doubler itself has held up, I've been running it for a year now and it does work pretty good, I put a cable shifter on mine and it shifts super easy, the only problem I've had is that it leaks. But he's basically running a one man operation from what I could tell. Last I heard mine was one of the last parts he made using manual machines, he was switching to CNC's. But he basically builds it after you order it, so the wait is like one or two months. He told me it would take a month to get mine and it ended up taking almost two, I went in pretty much knowing that would be the case though.

I got an entire 258 when I repowered the CJ7 to the turbo diesel. I am just going to pull the rotating assembly out of there, get the crank polished and knife edged, connecting rods shot peened, and then install it in my 4.0. I don't plan on going crazy with it. Just want to spin some 35's down the interstate, and figured that I probably won't have but about $500 in the stroker.

I bought a set of used reds on steel rockathons for 2k , I see them used a lot on wheels for 2500-3500 depending on the tread and what beadlocs they on.