Jeep Stroker......

I know we had someone we wheeled with who ran one but I can not remember who. Jeepforum and Mallcrawlin (Grand cherokee tech site) as well as Pirate has a ton of builds on strokers. Not to sure who would build one locally but I can ask around for the upstate. I planned on doing one in my old ZJ with the 4.0 till it was totaled and I switched to some more displacement :drool:

Thanks. Looking more in the Columbia area or over near me in Florence. I have a crank and rods just don't have the time or place to do it. I know there was a guy here at NAPA that has built one but was looking to see if anyone on here had any first hand experience with someone.

I looked into it a while back. Possibly having to run premium gas caused me to shy away.

Have you checked out jeepstrokers.com? I think thats the name of the forum thats all about the 4.0 and 4.2 stroker motors

I looked into it a while back. Possibly having to run premium gas caused me to shy away.

Have you checked out jeepstrokers.com? I think thats the name of the forum thats all about the 4.0 and 4.2 stroker motors
Yea I have looked there and even talked to friends on NAXJA about it. Just thought I's see if any of you guys ran one and had it built locally.

And you should forget all about them. Two motors from them and two bad experiences.

Not jeeps so who knows, but I won't deal with them.
Ok. I sent an email so we shall see. If it has to run on premium I can deal with that sense this is a trail rig. I've also thought about a 5.0 for swap. My current set up isn't working like I want it to. 4.0L, aw-4, 203/205 D60's 5.38's and 42SXII's on H1's. Something needs to change. The pig is just too heavy IMHO! When I built it 6 years ago the wallet determined what I used. Now that isn't really the case. Assuming that alimony gives me the tax refund I got last year....... ;)

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
Ok. I sent an email so we shall see. If it has to run on premium I can deal with that sense this is a trail rig. I've also thought about a 5.0 for swap. My current set up isn't working like I want it to. 4.0L, aw-4, 203/205 D60's 5.38's and 42SXII's on H1's. Something needs to change. The pig is just too heavy IMHO! When I built it 6 years ago the wallet determined what I used. Now that isn't really the case. Assuming that alimony gives me the tax refund I got last year....... ;)
5.0? facepalm

That doesn't matter. Its a more difficult swap and less benefit.
Last time I talked to anyone doing a LS? swap it was a whole lot more money too. You cannot get much more simpler then + and grounds on the Ford harness. Personally I'd rather try a stroker over a motor swap.

Last time I talked to anyone doing a LS? swap it was a whole lot more money too. You cannot get much more simpler then + and grounds on the Ford harness. Personally I'd rather try a stroker over a motor swap.
I also rode in Tommy Glenn's 5.0 buggy after he put some goodies in that motor... holy crap fastest rig I have ridden in. Not saying a 5.3 built would not do the same thing. I like a variety, if/when I go to a buggy I will most likely keep a 5.9 in it.

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
Everybody makes parts, harnesses, etc for ls swaps, and there's more research and info available. If I was looking to do a swap, there's only one option. If wanting something more bolt in then a stroker. But you can get the same power, more reliability, and lighter package out of a basically stock ls than you can a built 4.0.

Well, multiple options (4.8, 5.3, LS1, LS2...)

Last edited: