Grand Dads Cj5

It's yours so do what you want to with it, but it's going to be a crying shame to see such a nice example of a CJ ruined by motor swaps, etc, etc, etc,....

A lot of folks say in sticking with the v8 jeep theme juts swap a 360 in. And it will have more power than a mild build 304 in stock form. That truck avenger is $500+ alone. Not to mention I need an intake and blah blah blah.

Before I did a 360 id just LS swap it. Too much money in the 360 crap. However you could prob. get David Carpenter to help you out if you went mopar.

But, put me first in line for when you sell it. And keep the OG 304 somewhere for me.

Do a few minor things and see how it is before you go dropping to much cash or swapping it.

Seen you at village grill Saturday but was trying to duck out of having to talk to folks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
My suggestion was solely based on if you wanted to keep the original engine.

I remember hearing about somebody with a samurai going out west and the thing wouldn't run and ended up getting a carb that was tuned off of someone else's rig to use while there. Was that Ryan?

I like that. But I think I'm really sold on the Avenger carb. Ive been thinking about it a lot. Im leaving this motor in. I may end up with some money in it and yeah I could swap this and that but part of using the Jeep was mainly for the nastalgia of it. Just a cool old jeep do what its suppose to do. Putting a v6 is so wrong on so many levels. Ever since I was a kid a cj with a v8 has made my Levis tight.
From some quick reading looks like carb and intake could ruffly net close to 40hp. I have no idea how ignition systems work so i need to read up on that. But close to 200hp and Im sure more torque than a 4.0 would be all this thing needs. Only god knows how long a good tune up was last performed. Maybe like Steve said. Just do a few small things, get it crisp running and see.