Grand Dads Cj5

Yeah if I can vote I say no tube fenders or corners. Just some good sliders. I like the old cj builds like how yours will be with stock fenders much more

Are you going to sell any of the stock parts? I can't believe you are going to add tube fenders. Boo to that. Please don't sell any of the stock parts without giving me a buzz.
I've going back on forth not he fenders. I deff want rocker and corner protection. You know some of the things I decide im Gojng to get some opinions first. I don't wanna mess it up. But then again it will suck to be on a muddy trail and slide into a tree and dent it.

The d20 uses a bull gear type input where as the jeep d300 uses a spline input. We have a scout d300 at work. Haven't done any research to know for sure if it's a direct swap or not. Another option would be to use a t176 4 speed and d300 from an 80's cj.
Assuming the jeep has the t150 3 speed, you could find a t18 (granny 4 speed) and keep your d20.

I would think the t-18 would be harder to find. The 300 I'm getting is a done deal. Going to pick it up in the morning. Its will be a few weeks before I do the clutch so Ill have to shop around a little.

Got new shoes today. I really like them. Im on the fence about a small lift. The only reason Im even considering a lift is for the new leaf's and all new bushings and grade 8 bolts. I can just see these old leafs and tiny little bolts breaking.

The dana 300 with the texas pattern is much more rare than the T18. I see the T18 combo come up every so often. You can get a ford T18 and adapt it. There is a guide on Novaks site about the T18. The dana 300 is from a 1980 scoutii. That will have a bull gear you will need to combine them. You have the 2 piece rear axle. Make sure that rear hub nut is tightened to spec. The corp 20 is notorious for stripping the splines on the 2 piece axle. But they mainly fail because people do not keep the hub nut tightened.

That looks perfect deano. Id do stock replacements or OME, i'm sure just new parts would raise it a tiny bit.

How is Abbeville tire on prices?

I've going back on forth not he fenders. I deff want rocker and corner protection. You know some of the things I decide im Gojng to get some opinions first. I don't wanna mess it up. But then again it will suck to be on a muddy trail and slide into a tree and dent it.
Replace fenders then. Until then that thing is great looking. I don't think your gonna be takin it thru lions den or antyhing...

Im gone start doing homework on replacing with original suspension, bolts, bushings and some stock height thicker shackles. Like Steve said, newer stuff will probably bring it up some. One thing I think that I know will have to be the oem height shocks. Those things are tiny. Im not trying to make it a flex monster but I do want it to have some decent trail manners.

I just looked on 4wd hardware and it looks like i should be able to replace ever suspension component. Its costly though. Quick math says prob $700ish will cover everything.