Grand Dads Cj5

The springs should be fine. You wont get much spring wrap with spring under axle suspension. Go spring over and you will get wrap
Thanks Dan, guess Ill just keep rocking the stockers then. I remember years ago like late 90's when the 8.8 swap was mainly an idea and i did it with the Rubicon Spring over conversion and man them rear springs looked like spaghetti noodles after one trip to telco. Not to mention they would load and unload like crazy.

I did the re spring over springs and they did pretty good. My old CJ5 from years back went from stock. to wrangler spring over, and then RE spring over leaves. I also used the longer antiwrap spring perches. Honestly i cant really say i had axle wrap, except for a time i temp mounted my transmission slave cylinder to the body (i dont even know why) but it was something between the body and frame flex and it just didnt like it. caused alot of problems, and needless to say it was only temp and immediately changed.

Based on what crown typically sells I'm going to say stock replacement. S-2503 doesn't seem to be a part number either. Their part numbers are much longer. Could just be an out of date thig

Hey, I just pulled these springs off my wife's Jeep if you want them. They ride like crap (at least they did on her YJ). I'm not sure if they might have a better shackle angle or something on a CJ that would help. Worst case, you could probably use them as part of a bastard pack to get a little lift for the 5.

I wouldn't feel right selling them, so they are free if you come pick them up in Augusta.

I think they are 1/2" lift (5" center). I don't need them if you want. If I keep them it'll just be random metal I'd find a use for. The fronts were offset to account for the narrower front springs so they may not work for you since yours is made for the 2" front springs.

Went and saw Joe today at Clemson4wd to pick up my 8274 they serviced for me. Some parts I was waiting on finally came in. In an attempt to save a few dollars I addressed the motor myself. Pretty sure it's done, I was hoping to clean it up and get it back going but rust has taken its toll on the tin metal pieces inside. I spoke with a guy in town that rebuild starters and alternators to see if there was any hope, I'm gone let him take a look and see but I'm not to hopeful.

Been out in the shop doing the YJ spring swap. The old cj bushings were shot. I removed 5 of the leafs and left 4 in the pack. Same as stock. I'm hoping with the added length of the springs maybe for a better ride and the YJ shackles are close to an 1" longer than stock cj so I netted roughly 3/4" of lift. Which is what I was hoping for or atleast an 1". Once I get my rear shackles in this week I'll do the rear.

Looks like I've made a mistake with the front hanger location. My shackle angle had me concerned so I did some homework. I put the spring hanger in the same location as the cj one. There is a rivet you have to cut off to mount the hanger, I was suppose to move the shackle and inch forward and use the hole the rivet is in. I'm guessing I'll get a little more lift. Hopefully no more than .5"

Picked up a set of older style high back seats. These old Levi seats didn't off much support after all the years and after any amount of time on the trails you wouldn't want to ride much more.