Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Shop Talk - tools, tricks, ideas

City
    Greenville
    State
    SC
    Been thinking about this thread lately.

I picked up this at Home Depot to run sanding disc on my 4" grinder. Makes metal finishing nice and sanding disc are cheaper then flap disc
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426693744.578825.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426693753.861057.jpg

I've got a hood that uses 2" x 4 1/4" lens that I have a lot of fixed shade and 2 auto lens I throw in it that's nice and lightweight and the lens are cheap. When I'm welding in a tight spot like crammed under a car with your body wrapped around an axle and you don't have much room for a regular hood, I put a lens in a pair of cutting goggles. I'm not good with shutting the eyes and turning my head to tack or weld.
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426694283.711569.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

City
    Aiken
    State
    SC
    That's a cool idea with the lens, I run into the big bulky hood in the way issue a lot.

City
    Greenville
    State
    SC
    Ya I've got a speedglas that's my nice auto and it's like wearing a space helmet trying to get into tight places, has no flex at all with it. I need to grab another pair of goggles that has the flip down lens on it and I'll just leave a fixed shade in it. I've gotten into a lot of situations where the auto sensors will get blocked and it will flash you.

Both of those are awesome ideas Steve. I dropped a lot of money (for a college student) on flap discs over my 5 year stay. And I also bitched a bunch while wearing my speedglass under the Jeep.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234