Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Shop Talk - tools, tricks, ideas

City
    Chapin
    State
    SC
    Quote Originally Posted by 308turbo View Post
    deep cut does 5in
    Thats right, I knew it was somewhere in that area.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve97tj View Post

I've got his table for my Milwaukee portaband and its pretty badass. I put it on a stand and use a footswitch and zip tie the trigger on it. I'd like to improve my stand and or just mount it to my welding table but make it removable.
    Thats how I have mine setup.
    --Brooks

I thought about creating this awhile back. I've got a 20 ton shop press that i've been wanting to make some dies and such for to get more use out of it. I've been really wanting to get the SWAG offroad finger brake for it, and i think i am going to finally pull the trigger on it soon, I've been eyeing it for a a few years and considered making something like it but it's costly to just buy his kit.

I've got his table for my Milwaukee portaband and its pretty badass. I put it on a stand and use a footswitch and zip tie the trigger on it. I'd like to improve my stand and or just mount it to my welding table but make it removable.

I've been meaning to pick up a screw jack and welding either a nut or socket to it to use it with a ratchet or with my 3/8" impact. They are pretty awesome when your building something and need to level it or set pinion angle on an axle.
    I like that last idea. As far as the mounting the table and making it removable I think a receiver hitch set up for the welding table would be nice. Then you could weld some mounts on your trailer or whatever and throw the saw in the toolbox for big trips and whatever else you had mounted like a vice.

Was on the phone with Dave last night and he found portabands on CL for 120-180 when we were talking about it. Might grab one over christmas break and get to work. I have just been slacking lately because I don't want to cut with the angle grinder anymore.

City
    Greenville
    State
    SC
    In atlanta I mounted a vice like that to the table with a reciever hitch. It was pretty damn handy.

Company I work for makes these pipe horses which the top part is these roller clamps for pipe up to 38". I got two of the upper parts I'm planning to make some horses out of them.

Also have a hanger for my grinders that's pretty nice. Swag offroad also makes some grinder hangers that are convenient.

F'n tapatalk won't let me upload ****. I'll post a pic in a sec.

In atlanta I mounted a vice like that to the table with a reciever hitch. It was pretty damn handy.

Company I work for makes these pipe horses which the top part is these roller clamps for pipe up to 38". I got two of the upper parts I'm planning to make some horses out of them.

Also have a hanger for my grinders that's pretty nice. Swag offroad also makes some grinder hangers that are convenient.

F'n tapatalk won't let me upload ****. I'll post a pic in a sec.
    I need a swag gift card haha. I want a few things they sell. Love their clutter catcher, but once I get my torches up again might just make something like this.

City
    Greenwood
    State
    SC
    Thats a great idea. I'll be drawing that up in a few days....

City
    Hodges
    State
    SC
    Quote Originally Posted by 01tj View Post
    Sign me up for one.
    Harvard

City
    Greenville
    State
    SC
    Quote Originally Posted by 01tj View Post
    You draw it and ill try and get it cut and bent up.

City
    greenville
    State
    SC
    i have a nice vise mounted to a plate with 2in receiver tubing that i keep in my tool box on the trailer.. i have the receiver part mounted on the trailer so i can use it for trail fixs

City
    Greenville
    State
    SC
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418777848.008429.jpg
    Grinder rack. Just laying on lip of the cart for now but I'll eventually mount it somewhere.

Older air tool rack that I'm about to cut and make room for a 4" grinder and leave at work. Air tool racks are awesome if you use air tools, a lot easier to find then having them laying around
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418778022.025914.jpg

I've also recently acquired about 5' of acme rod I'd like to build something with, pipestand maybe but it's not that burly enough I don't think to put much weight on
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418778172.152339.jpg

You draw it and ill try and get it cut and bent up.
    If yall go that route I want one too.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast