1988 Jeep Comanche 4.0 5 spd $4000 OBO

Up for Sale is my 1988 Jeep Comanche pickup truck. 4.0 inline 6 cylinder (MPFI)with a 5 speed overdrive transmission. This is a 2WD truck and due to that, it has not been abused. This truck is in remarkably good condition with no rust/rot issues like most of them. Over the years it has been painted a couple of times (original color) and while it looks good, its not in showroom condition. Typical dings here and there but nothing major. Even the truck bed is in good condition. I had planned to convert this to 4wd as its as easy as swapping transmissions and bolting in the 4wd front axle... I will let the next owner decide on that (Jeep Cherokee parts interchange). I have purchased and own the axles to do so if you wish to consider that. Interior is is great shape, no cracks on the dash and the original seats don't have any excessive wear or tear at all. I have pulled the carpet and have done a rhino-liner coating to simplify cleanup etc. Truck has 225k on the odometer but does not smoke, burn oil, etc. Runs great and shifts through the gears without grinding. Not sure if the engine is original or not as I am not the original owner. This is a non-AC truck, It came that way from the factory. If it had AC it would be one more thing to maintain and troubleshoot/convert etc. I keep the windows down with the slider glass in the rear open and its not bad in the summer. Additionally, you can buy tube doors for these (same as Cherokee tube doors) to have the open air feeling. I have replaced all suspension parts and this truck has no vibes or wobbles and I have had it up to 75 on the highway, no need for me to go beyond that. List of upgrades / replacements are below:

All new Rubicon Express 3.5" lift system comprised of:

3.5" Coil Springs (Netted around 4") actual lift
Adjustable Track Bar
Swaybar links/bushings
Adjustable lower Control arms / Adjustable Upper Control arms
Shocks (all 4)
Steering stabilizer
Stainless brake lines
Rear Boomerang shackles (greaseable)

All New wheels / Tires:
BF Goodrich 32x11.50r15 All Terrains
15x7 Cragar Soft 8 (Silver edition)

Engine Parts/upgrades:
New Master Clutch Cylinder
New Water Pump
New Serpentine Belt
New Thermostat
New Hoses
New Coolant
New Alternator
New Starter
New Fuel Pump / Filter

Exterior/interior:
New Headlights
New Side Marker lights
New Turn Signal Lights
New Window Trim/molding
New Wiper Blades
New Antenna
Bed Lined Interior floor boards for ease of cleanup / utilitarian look
Molded floor mats (like Husky brand -- designed for the contour / fit like a glove)
Custom high clearance rear bumper with Hitch
All new Fuses in the Fuse block to include relays

Drive Train Parts Listed for Optional Sale
2006 Jeep Dana 30 Front axle (Bolt in, no mods required) 3.73:1 Gears
2006 Jeep Dana 44 Rear axle (would need spring perches) 3.73:1 Gears (Disc Brakes)
Whole 1988 Jeep Cherokee 4x4 with 4.0 6 cylinder 5 Speed (direct swap) for the conversion.

Link to Craigslist ad: http://columbia.craigslist.org/cto/4784432699.html

I love this Jeep but I have too many projects going on right now and I have a newer '13 Wrangler that I drive everyday. I hate to part ways with a truck that is about 90% where I want it but I don't have the time to mess with it much as I am active duty military. Truck has been garage kept since I have owned it. Jeep is located in Lexington SC. Asking $4000 OBO. I can negotiate the optional drive train parts if you are interested, or just leave it 2wd and enjoy it as it is. Please no calls or txt after 9 or low ball offers. Thanks for looking!

Last edited: