Jeep Electronics question

Does anyone know how the turn signals and radio may be connected?

Yesterday my jeep was parked outside work all day, and when I went to drive it home when I turned out of the parking lot and hit the blinker the radio shut off and the blinkers didnt work. Then when I got home I shut it off and started it back up and they worked. And today they worked on the way to work. Any ideas?

Yeah, my left turn signal is broken where it will click back when turning (hope that makes sense) and sometimes when you hit the brakes it will come on. I know that is in the Clock ring.

And Brooks, it's nothing to do with controls on the steering wheel. It is behind that and controls blinkers, radio, horn, etc.

Yeah, my left turn signal is broken where it will click back when turning (hope that makes sense) and sometimes when you hit the brakes it will come on. I know that is in the Clock ring.

And Brooks, it's nothing to do with controls on the steering wheel. It is behind that and controls blinkers, radio, horn, etc.
well dam. that sucks.

Does anyone know how the turn signals and radio may be connected?

Yesterday my jeep was parked outside work all day, and when I went to drive it home when I turned out of the parking lot and hit the blinker the radio shut off and the blinkers didnt work. Then when I got home I shut it off and started it back up and they worked. And today they worked on the way to work. Any ideas?
Ive had some weirdness like that happen, I have a "few" other accessories connected to the ignition switched power, they also went out. Jiggled the key, everything turned back on.

Brooks, this is going to sound stupid, but flip your emergency flasher switch back and forth a number of times. The emergency flashers and brake lights use unswitched power, and obviously, the radio and turn signals receive switched power. These are both present in the combination switch, and I have seen problems like yours caused by it. It is very vulnerable to moisture, always present in our Jeeps, and can fail easily. I actually had a Dodge where if you turned on the flashers while applying the brakes, the radio would go on and off, with no key present.
Let me know if you need any wiring diagrams. I can print them and fax them to you.
Good luck!