Duramtown Tellico aug 28,29,30th Report

If I go back I prob be in a cabin, its only $2.50 a night more than camping and I pack a lot lighter. I will stay at the park because l love the night rides, can't do that staying in town.

I got a reply email from Christie. She said they are working on the camping prices but it would still be per-person. She also mentioned a cabin that sleeps at least 9 and it's $150 a night.

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
I got a reply also. She mentioned the camping prices and that they would try to have someone else up front to help with traffic.

There is the 'Clubhouse' on the other end of the main road. Maybe that's available?

Oh yea y'all missed out on that drive out in the rain with no windshield wipers
I had to do it with no windshield to get George from the gate when he loaded up his rig. Not the most fun, but I did enjoy camping back on the trail and that first night of wheeling was worth every penny I spent going up there. That run up around the bowl once it rained was just a bonus.

I had to do it with no windshield to get George from the gate when he loaded up his rig. Not the most fun, but I did enjoy camping back on the trail and that first night of wheeling was worth every penny I spent going up there. That run up around the bowl once it rained was just a bonus.
We wheeled the first night?

Crawfords is 10 miles, 20-30 minute drive.

There is a statement about the camping and towing trailers to the sites on their websitr. It says if you have any concerns, call.

I got an email this morning from them saying we are new and want all the feedback we can get. Everyone that went should reply, good or bad. Say that you thought the camping price was high, recommended a per site fee, etc.

As far as trail riding price goes, you have 3,000 acres and 40+ miles of trails for the same price per day as gulches. Nothing against gulches, but it all depends on what kind of riding we want to do.
I will eventually check them out. A friend has a cabin in Hayesville so I'll likely stay there if they have parking for my truck and trailer depending on fees. Thanks for the info. I'm always looking for a place closer to my TN wheeling friends that I can do a weekend trip with. This might be the place eventually.

I'd personally rather see multiple things but with that said MMORV is awful close and I love that place.
MMORV? Morris Mountain in Alabama? I'll probably never return there.

Yes, that place is so much fun!!! Why wont you return there?
I went there in 09 with NAXJA. We rented the park for our Crawl. The facilities were weak. The trails were decent but small compared to Harlan. Harlan is about 8 hours form me and MM is about 7 hours. I'll go to Harlan. When we got there the camping area had 6 foot tall grass. They got the tractor out and proceeded to cut it and killed a 5 foot rattler where we were all about to camp. I hate snakes especially ones that can land you in the hospital. For the drive and the money it would cost to get there I'll go to Harlan.

Now the reason I stumbled across this..... Some of us in NAXJA are going to DT. IT should be about a 4 or 5 hour drive for me. This thread is 6 months old. Has anyone been up there sense? I went and looked at the parking lot when I was in Murphy but time and the fact that I was in my VW limited what I could see.

I went there in 09 with NAXJA. We rented the park for our Crawl. The facilities were weak. The trails were decent but small compared to Harlan. Harlan is about 8 hours form me and MM is about 7 hours. I'll go to Harlan. When we got there the camping area had 6 foot tall grass. They got the tractor out and proceeded to cut it and killed a 5 foot rattler where we were all about to camp. I hate snakes especially ones that can land you in the hospital. For the drive and the money it would cost to get there I'll go to Harlan.

Now the reason I stumbled across this..... Some of us in NAXJA are going to DT. IT should be about a 4 or 5 hour drive for me. This thread is 6 months old. Has anyone been up there sense? I went and looked at the parking lot when I was in Murphy but time and the fact that I was in my VW limited what I could see.

The clemson offroad club is heading up there this weekend.

Sounds like you had a bad experience, but to me MMORV is a bad *** park for the drive and money. Granted it's only 4-5 hrs from the house. I have only been once but definitely will be back. Timing just always kills it.

Harlan is by far my favorite place to ride. I make two trips every year and have since 2010. I will continue to do so also.

Did I mention I miss River Rock? Damnit.

Sounds like you had a bad experience, but to me MMORV is a bad *** park for the drive and money. Granted it's only 4-5 hrs from the house. I have only been once but definitely will be back. Timing just always kills it.

Harlan is by far my favorite place to ride. I make two trips every year and have since 2010. I will continue to do so also.

Did I mention I miss River Rock? Damnit.
Yes I did and I would like to make the trip to Harlan a couple times a year but right now It's my yearly vacation. To go to MM I have to have a full day to get there. I take 4 days off and meet all my NAXJA brothers in Harlan every summer. DT has the potential to be a place I can go after work on Friday for a couple days of wheeling and meet my NAXJA brothers in TN. How far are you form DT? Is there a thread for the Clemson ride Brooks? I'd like to see their pictures and report assuming they do one. We are going up on the weekend of the 21st. The guys I'm meeting are staying at Crawford's and I'm staying at a friends Cabin in Hayesville.