Fender Flare painting

The flares on my TJ are looking pretty rough. About to have the front repainted where the clear is popping off so I want to do the flares also.

Anyone have suggestions on what to use to paint the stock flares for a stock appearance?

I used Krylon Fusion in the past and it worked great. The technique is to apply several thin coats to make it more durable. Also, you can use a heat gun to restore the look of your flares. It's a lot easier than painting.

I used Krylon Fusion in the past and it worked great. The technique is to apply several thin coats to make it more durable. Also, you can use a heat gun to restore the look of your flares. It's a lot easier than painting.
I have used the heat gun before, but it makes your flares have less texture and be more glossy. And it also fades back out after a year or so. The fusion seamed to hold up well for a couple years then it would start chipping for me and fading out. The bed armor has been the best for me so far.

This is after 2 years of scraping them on trees. Instead of flaking off, it did wear through to the old flare color in one area on the back flare from rubbing it on a bank at Windrock.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408025088.590339.jpg

I have used krylon fusion mutiple times, but it kept fading and chipping off within a year. The last time I threw black rustoleum on there and it has lasted twice as long and did not fade nearly as much. Come to think about it, it might be time for another coat.

Andy the head service/body shop guy at our dealership uses the Rustoleum semi gloss on them with amazing results. It makes the JKs look brand new again.

which flares are yall talking about stock or rubi/sahara? there is a texture difference between them. Brooks' pictures looks like it has sahara/rubi flares on it.

for a little while:la:
being as the stock flares dont last a year, and back to black only lasts about a month.....it seems to be a good option.

Plastidip is a finish that is designed to come off. The more coats the easier it comes off. One bump into something and you are peeling it all off to redo it.