Top talk

OK, I know I have mentioned this before but I am looking for some input as I think it's finally time to drop the hammer on a new top.

I have no hardware currently, and don't really like the look of a full top with hardware...

The question is do I go back with a half top from Rampage or Bestop, or just go with the Rampage full top? I am leaning toward the full top because I would like to get the back seat back in for this fall as well as it gives you so much more room than the half top. The half top does look really good though.

I have a duster and could get marcus' wind jammer and order a bikini to make a half top back that is easier to put on if I felt the need to go back with a half top.

Is there anyone that can talk me out of the Rampage top? I know they are a good bit louder than a top with hardware but that is not even an option, too much stuff to deal with when you take it off. Also, I am used to the noise as it's loud as crap already.

OK, I know I have mentioned this before but I am looking for some input as I think it's finally time to drop the hammer on a new top.

I have no hardware currently, and don't really like the look of a full top with hardware...

The question is do I go back with a half top from Rampage or Bestop, or just go with the Rampage full top? I am leaning toward the full top because I would like to get the back seat back in for this fall as well as it gives you so much more room than the half top. The half top does look really good though.

I have a duster and could get marcus' wind jammer and order a bikini to make a half top back that is easier to put on if I felt the need to go back with a half top.

Is there anyone that can talk me out of the Rampage top? I know they are a good bit louder than a top with hardware but that is not even an option, too much stuff to deal with when you take it off. Also, I am used to the noise as it's loud as crap already.
If you got the money to spend get a full top from bestop, if you want to save some coin get one from Rampage. I've had the rampage top for 4 years now and have minimal complaints. I did get it warrantied literally 2 weeks before the 2 year mark, but I got a new top so they do follow there warranty.

If i were to do it again on a daily driver, I'd get a bestop. For what my jeep is used for now, I'd get a rampage.

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
I like the rampage. Its really nice that it has the storage for the windows built in so you're never caught without them. Its not as bad on a tj, but you loose a lot of room in an lj because of the angle of the rear roll bars.

They are loud...

Can't be worse than what I currently have. That beotch is super loud.

Like I said Mason, a full top with hardware is not even an option. Price and aggravation throw that out the window.

So, where is the best price yall have found on a sail cloth Rampage?

Mine is quieter with the windows down right now, so I really don't think I will mind it. Full tops with hardware look like shiz. IMO.

For the sail cloth? I was thinking they were more but that's awesome. I am gonna go ahead and get one soon I guess. Mine is looking rough these days and I am about to paint the hood and all, might as well have it all right at the same time.

Black Diamond material is not sail cloth. The sail cloth is much thicker and quieter than the black diamond. It is also a good bit more. Maybe that's why yours was loud.

Black Diamond material is not sail cloth. The sail cloth is much thicker and quieter than the black diamond. It is also a good bit more. Maybe that's why yours was loud.
black diamond is sailcloth. Or at least it can be. The old non sailcloth stuff was called black denim for Bestop, but I think Rampage offers their stuff in Black diamond for Sailcloth and non.

I was wrong. I thought the black diamond were only the crap ones. I am finding them for $400 shipped about the best price. Guess i'll order me one next week. Ordered all new furniture for the living room this past weekend so gotta let funds recoup...lol

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
Black Diamond is the pattern and can be sail cloth or not. This is what I have
04-06 LJ Wrangler Unlimited, Black Diamond Sailcloth w/Tint 109635

And you would want
.97-06 TJ Wrangler, Sailcloth Black Diamond w/ Tinted Windows 109735

Yeah, after I typed that I got on their site and saw that. I have been looking at these things for over a year, seems that I would know this by now...lol