Daily Driver car ideas

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
Got it back this morning. They replaced the Mode switch again, but they called it the shift shaft indicator switch this time...

Worked fine this morning but it normally does for a few days, so we'll see.

Are you having to come out of pocket every time you take it in or are they wanting to help you fix the problem?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
Are you having to come out of pocket every time you take it in or are they wanting to help you fix the problem?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I've only paid the first time for the pressure switch manifold then $44 for the first mode switch.

I can't complain about the service manager and how they've treated it and me. Just everyone's tired of dealing with it and out of ideas.

Last edited:

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
I think its something screwy with the programming of the adaptive shifting because it normally works great for a few drives every time they reset it.

I brought up the wiring last time when I talked to the actual transmission guy. He said if there was a wiring or communication issue other systems would be faulting too, but said he had checked plugs/etc. He proceeded to try to explain to me how a CAN bus worked in simple terms. I just nodded and resisted telling him I have a computer engineering degree.

I'm joining this thread a little late, but I just started the search for a new commuter car today as well. I accepted a job at SRS so I'm looking at 36 miles 1 way to work each day. My truck would be fine, but I really just don't want to start racking up miles on it. Along with this, we are planning to sell my wife's Liberty rather than having 4 cars in our driveway. If we were keeping that, I'd be looking for a crap box for a couple grand, but since we are essentially replacing her car I need something nicer.

So far I've checked out a few cars. Front runners are a TDI Sportwagen, and a Subaru Crosstrek. I looked at a couple sedans (Jetta, meh, and Passat, which was really nice), but I want something I can fold the seats down and my dogs can relax in. That pretty much means SUV (which generally don't get the mileage I'd like) or wagon. Heading out to test drive both front runners this morning.

We have a 2010 pilot for the wife and she loves it. MPG isn't that great, but it has third row seats and will fit 7 people. In all actuality it isn't much smaller than the suburban and the fuel economy isn't that much better. I just went and test drove the TDI wagon and while I really like it I am not sure I want to deal with the maintenance on the diesel. I have also looked at the 3series wagons and they don't really have much space. Up next is the subaru to see what they have to offer. I keep pushing my wife for a 1936 chevy sedan as my daily, but she doesn't get it.

I was thinking CR-V, not pilot, just typed the wrong thing.

Clippa, get a Nomad. 2 door wagon, you can't go wrong.
Only problem with the Nomad is that there is a kiddo on the way so putting him in the back would really suck. I have looked at CR-Vs. My mom had one for a couple years and loved it. Now she has a venza wagon and it isn't that bad, but it doesn't get great fuel economy. The way things are going I will probably end up back in a crew cab. I do like the idea of a turbo'd ls 5 series wagon though.

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
Is yalls Venza loud as hell? We took one in on trade and it has a ton of road noise. My wrangler is quieter.
We had one and yes. Burgundy complained about it and the dealer pretty much said yeah, we know. Sorry. They called it a design flaw with the airflow and the 20s didn't help.

It was a nice car though. Miss the pushbutton keyless everything.

i drive a 2011 crv about 300 miles a day from greenville to asheville... average 25 mpg
wife drive an 06 4 runner v6 think were averaging around 20-22

Last edited: