Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crawdad - 1977 Ford Bronco

City
    Columbia
    State
    SC

Crawdad - 1977 Ford Bronco

New to the site, not new to Early Broncos. I also have a 77 f150 4x4, will be selling soon. I'm here in the Columbia area. I appreciate Chris at CFS for recommending me to the site. I'm also a member on Carolina Broncos' and Classic Broncos' websites.
    Matt

City
    Leesville
    State
    SC
    Post some pics of the bronco. My wife has always wanted one. She passed up the opportunity to buy one from family a while back and has regretted it.
    '04 LJ Sleeper

City
    Columbia
    State
    SC
    Nice to have another ford guy on here, I'd love to see the early bronco out riding sometime.

City
    Chapin
    State
    SC
    Welcome to offroadsc!
    --Brooks

City
    Columbia
    State
    SC
    Thx guys, can't add pics yet. I don't have permission to this website. I sold my 76 bronco last year to buy a new roof and new Htg and air condition, momma wants to stay dry and cool! But I couldn't stay away too long and bought a 77 bronco frame with matching title. I have been slowly buying all the pieces, kept my skinny 33s from my old 76. Just bought a 5.0 efi from another early bronco, will go with a standard c6. Just had the frame galvanized and is getting ready for powder coat.

Here was my old 76 from April 2013
    Last edited by Crawdad; 06-05-2014 at 09:51 PM.

City
    Leesville
    State
    SC
    Are you going to build the 77 with original parts or are you doing a reproduction body?
    '04 LJ Sleeper

City
    Columbia
    State
    SC
    Quote Originally Posted by LBarr2002 View Post
    Are you going to build the 77 with original parts or are you doing a reproduction body?
    It appears i have figured out the posting pics thing. But anyways I bought an uncut 72 body, will do the my best to make it look like a 77 body. Only difference in both years is the fuel door. I have new front fenders and the rest of the body parts are used but in great shape. I have a family roll-cage I need to pick up in Charlotte soon. I also have a hardtop I need to pick up in Raleigh. Only big ticket items I need to get are seats, doors and 3.5" suspension lift. Gotta sell my 77 F150 first, funds are slowing down. If I went with an aftermarket tub/body it would run me well over $10k! Prices on early broncos have gotten rediculous!

As you can see it already has a 6" body lift!
    Last edited by Crawdad; 06-06-2014 at 09:28 AM.

City
    Columbia
    State
    SC
    Sounds like a great project. I love early broncos, me and my dad built one when I was in high school. Seems the blue and white paint scheme is pretty common.
    broncofrontside_small.jpg

City
    Greenwood
    State
    SC
    That 76 is a good looking Bronco. Hope the new one turns out just as good. Has to be fun starting from the bottom up.

City
    Columbia
    State
    SC
    Quote Originally Posted by 72_EB_Guy View Post
    That 76 is a good looking Bronco. Hope the new one turns out just as good. Has to be fun starting from the bottom up.
    Lots of EBs up by you.
    Last edited by Crawdad; 08-28-2014 at 03:21 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast