Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Quadcopter build

City
    Leesville
    State
    SC
    Quote Originally Posted by jeeplj View Post
    so, will the gopro mount be motorized and rotating independent of the copter itself? Pan/Tilt ??
    The gimbal will provide stabilization on the roll and pitch axis. Its keeps the camera perfectly level unless i feed it a overriding signal to tilt or roll the camera. It has its on control system independent of the flight controller. I will more than likely leave it as a combined system but eventually i will add a second Radio for a "camera operator" and a Video Transmitter for a live feed back.

One day id like to feel confident enough to build one for a DSLR or Cinema Camera. Similar to this.
    Look at the Word Differently - In a World of Talkers, be a thinker and a doer.

City
    Lexington
    State
    SC
    Quote Originally Posted by Twilliamson View Post
    The gimbal will provide stabilization on the roll and pitch axis. Its keeps the camera perfectly level unless i feed it a overriding signal to tilt or roll the camera. It has its on control system independent of the flight controller. I will more than likely leave it as a combined system but eventually i will add a second Radio for a "camera operator" and a Video Transmitter for a live feed back.

One day id like to feel confident enough to build one for a DSLR or Cinema Camera. Similar to this.
    Tripp, I'm convinced that what you need in your life is a screaming child in the middle of the night to distract your hobbies.. :+)

City
    Leesville
    State
    SC
    Quote Originally Posted by jeeplj View Post
    Tripp, I'm convinced that what you need in your life is a screaming child in the middle of the night to distract your hobbies.. :+)
    My GF is already trying to put a end to that....Not The kid part but the excessive hobbies.
    Last edited by Twilliamson; 06-03-2014 at 04:57 PM.

City
    Leesville
    State
    SC
    Looks like progress is coming to a stop, I was setting the direction of the motors last night and discovered one of my speed controls is bad. I have 2 on the way form a state side source. Once those come in I should be able to get this thing off the ground.

City
    Leesville
    State
    SC
    Lucy i think we have a problem.

City
    Chapin
    State
    SC
    hmmm.... thats no good. Looks like one of your orange motor is overpowering.
    --Brooks

City
    Leesville
    State
    SC
    Quote Originally Posted by 97TJGUZZY View Post
    hmmm.... thats no good. Looks like one of your orange motor is overpowering.
    All four motors turn different speeds, so i'm not really sure, I need to verify i have the motors connected to the proper control channels. Also the props are severely out of balance.

City
    Chapin
    State
    SC
    --Brooks

City
    Leesville
    State
    SC
    Well ive been a bit slack updating this. I got the props balanced and attempted several fights. I quickly learned that the tall landing gear was a disaster waiting to happen, so i ditched it in favor for some custom ones mounted to the arms.

After several un successful attempts to get this thing up in the air, i admitted defeat and I dropped it off for a buddy to look at. He basically told me i needed to learn to fly. Totally opposite of what i was expecting... after all all you have to do is drive it like a rc car...WRONG...
    Fast forward, a little practice later and I discovered another issue. Its very hard to identify orientation from the ground. That becomes very important very quickly. So i have added a FPV (First Person View) camera and High power Video transmitter to give a front seat view while the craft is airborne.
    Here is the video from today. Its super boring so feel free to skim. I also need to work on the antenna situation, the Video TX didn't work as well as it should have. This video is also not in hd or stabilized, its directly mounted to the chassis.

Last edited by Twilliamson; 08-15-2014 at 07:57 AM.

City
    Greenville
    State
    SC
    Congrats. Looking good.
    This hobby begins as a search for the perfect setup, then gradually becomes the never ending discovery of the weakest link.
    Greg

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast